Special Education Teacher - Middle School
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
WE ARE LOCATED IN BROOKLYN, NY
State Education Certified Middle School Special Education Teacher
Lamad Academy is actively seeking mission - driven, results - oriented professionals to join our founding team for the 2022 - 2023 school year. If you seek to create a world in which demographics do not determine a child’s destiny apply to one of our positions.
- Collaborate with regular and other special education teachers and instructional assistants, in coordination with the Special Education Coordinator, regarding inclusive education practices, curriculum modifications and behavior interventions for special needs students in general education classrooms.
- Assisting teachers in adapting curriculum for special needs students, and providing modified curriculum and resources as needed by classroom teachers.
- Assisting teachers with developing daily reports, behavioral schedules and social stills curriculum for special needs students in general education classrooms.
- Modeling teaching strategies and techniques for teachers regarding special needs students in general education classrooms.
- Providing resource room instruction to students who. IEPs require instructional time outside of an inclusion setting.
- Providing consultation and support for parents of special needs students in general education classroom and help to facilitate positive collaboration between parents and teachers.
- Conferring frequently with the district of residence special education support staff and administrators to provide needed services regarding inclusive education practices.
- Attending IEP and staff/parent meetings of students with special needs in general education classrooms, as requested.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Special Education and appropriate New York State certification as a special education teacher, along with any other credentialing required.
- Knowledge of special education laws and requirements.
- At least two years of successful experience in middle school or secondary classroom teaching experience with students with special needs is desirable before assignment to this position.
- Experience in the Collaborative Team Teaching model.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and trends impacting affecting inclusion programs; organization, planning and program evaluation strategies; techniques and procedures regarding curriculum and instruction design and delivery systems for both special education and core curriculum; human relationships, conflict resolution strategies and procedures; and team building methods and techniques.
- Demonstrated capacity to plan, organize, and coordinate full inclusion program; supervise the development of strategies for curriculum modifications; develop and present training for teachers in best practices regarding full inclusion; evaluate and analyze complex problems, issues, and concerns, and recommend appropriate alternative solutions; and communicate effectively in oral and written form to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated and successful record of prior employment in urban educational environments.
- Knowledge of and experience with assessments and relevant technologies.
- Experience working with diverse populations of students, parents and families.
- Experience working with students at-risk of educational failure.
Lamad Academy Charter School
1060 Clarkson AveEdison, NJ
Get fresh Middle School Special Education Teacher jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.