Together we move the Atoms that move the World
Imagine working on the front lines of innovation! As one of the semiconductor industry's leading suppliers of wafer fabrication equipment and services, our technology depends on finding and hiring the best and the brightest employees. We know that our dynamic, global team of exceptional employees is essential to our continued growth.
Lam Research - where successful people want to work:
We are a company comprised of people who work hard, deliver outstanding results and maintain a sense of humor during even the most challenging times. This is truly a rare opportunity. Lam Research is a market leader where our core values are not just words on the back of your badge. Given the criticality of this role to Lam Research's success, this philosophy starts with you.
This position is part of the Global Supplier Management (GSM) organization. In this position, you, the correct applicant will play a vital role with Fabrication suppliers. You will help establish/ sustain world class supply chain operations ensuring we achieve our commitments to customers. Supply Chain Business Managers will have an opportunity to work across organization on production challenges, manage operations excellence at suppliers, and participate in continues process improvement projects.
Candidate ideal candidate must be a result-driven, self-starter possessing strong interpersonal skills with a strong focus on supporting customers. This individual should also possess the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, to adapt to changing priorities and to work independently in a close-knit team setting.
Primary Functions and Performance Objectives
- Defines metrics and monitor supplier performance against these expectations to ensure continuous supplier improvement. Regularly evaluate quality and performance benchmarks, and the risks associated with the preferred supply base selection.
- Continuously working on process improvement to deploy & develop best known methods related to procurement, inventory control (e.g., JIT, Kanban, min/max) & manufacturing strategies
- Encourages and coordinates early supplier involvement in highly technical and/or contractually complex new products parts design using the suppliers' expertise to optimize quality and manufacturability.
- Established goals with supplier to ensure material delivery meet forecasted demand.
- Represents supplier business management on a cross-functional commodity teams that focuses on supply challenges, and to ensure internal/external customer needs are satisfied.
- Maintains current knowledge on relevant trends by personal contact, industry reports, trade journals, etc.
- Works with engineering and the supplier to resolve complex problem to ensure on time delivery of critical material to support customer and company requirements.
- Develops presentation, white papers, process flow charts to support continues process improvement projects.
- Works with supplier to monitors product cost preventing negative PPV and supporting cost reduction efforts.
- Drive the improvement of the remote factory suppliers' manufacturing processes to ensure product quality and on-time-delivery
- Creative thinking and strong problem-solving capabilities
- Solid analytical and written/oral communication skills with ability to communicate cross-functionally and with various levels of the organization including Executives
- Solid understanding of statistical process control and basic statistical analysis used in production setting
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes
- Ability to learn new skills quickly with minimal guidance
- International & domestic travelling