The Company: Juniper Village is dedicated to nurturing the spirit of life in each individual whose life we touch so that we may all live fully throughout all seasons of life. We do this by encouraging an active body, an engaged mind and a fulfilled spirit.
Juniper Village owns and operates assisted living and skilled care communities in four regions across the country. The company’s operations are designed and managed to provide the finest quality personal service and exceptional care to foster healthy and independent lives for those who live and work in our communities. The company’s team of experienced committed individuals is deeply committed to achieving the company’s mission and balancing quality in service, program and environment with financial stability and prosperity.
Together, we nurture the spirit of life.
Position Description: Wellspring Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Scope of Supervision: Supervises all Wellspring Associates. Liaisons with Members of the Leadership Team. Serves as Manager on Duty as required.
Role: Manages the day to day operations of the Wellspring Neighborhood to ensure the maximum levels of resident, family and staff safety, wellness and satisfaction. This is accomplished by the provision of sound fiscal management, effective marketing, public relations strategy, and activities and taking into account Juniper Communities’ philosophy, hallmarks, policies and procedures as well as current federal, state and local regulatory standards.
- Ensure compliance to Juniper Communities’ philosophy and hallmarks as well as all written policies and procedures that govern the operation of the community including state, local and federal regulations.
- Perform continuous, ongoing supervision of all Wellspring team members, including but not limited to training, disciplining, counseling motivating and evaluating oversees these functions for all other staff.
- Coordinate effective communication, and maintains positive relationship with among all associates, residents, and families.
- Assist in establishing rapport among team members to facilitate team work.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of competent Wellspring team members.
- Ensure all staff complete mandatory In Touch Orientation and in service training including Wellspring and CDP training.
- Work in concert with Connections Director to ensure a comprehensive dementia capable whole person wellness program is in place with Wellness associates actively engaged in programming execution.
- Work in concert with Wellness Team to ensure quality clinical care within the Wellspring neighborhood.
- Facilitate a monthly Alzheimer’s Association sanctioned Support Group.
- Ensure AFA Excellence in Care certification.
- Ensure that all associates follow established safety regulations, including fire protection, infection control and quality assurance.
- Ensure that the Wellspring neighborhood is maintained in good repair.
- Ensure adequate staffing pattern within authorized hour guidelines at all times.
- Ensure adequate supplies and equipment are available to meet the day to day operational needs of the personal care.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident and staff information.
- Review all complaints and grievances and develops a written plan of correction.
- Fulfills job duties and responsibilities related to community based marketing and networking, lead generation, inquiry management, community tours, and move-in coordination as required.
- Prepare all needed reports and documents in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Serve as residence representative with appropriate community organizations.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and at least five years experience in Assisted Living. An advanced degree is desirable.
- Previous management and leadership experience in healthcare or service related setting.
- Deep knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias.
- Meet applicable state requirements regarding licensure and/or certification.
- Knowledge of all applicable governmental regulations.
- Knowledge of the physiology and psychology of the older adult.
- Embraces and exhibits the Juniper Mindset, Values and Behaviors
- Deliver a Personalized Experience
- Share a Passion for Wellbeing
- Collaborate for the Common Good
- Lead by Example
- Be Accountable for Results
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals within the community.
- Attends and participates in mandated yearly training programs as well as all required meetings.
- Must be able to manage time efficiently so as to achieve goals.
- Adheres to all Human Resources policies, procedures, and code of conduct.
- Respects confidentiality of information and Resident’s rights.
- Performs job in a safe manner, using proper body mechanics, infection control, etc.
- Responsible for proper care of all property, equipment, supplies and financial assets involved in the performance of the job.
- Performs other duties as required.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Works in an office as well as throughout the community and its premises.
- Moves intermittently during working hours. Movement includes, but is not limited to standing, walking, sitting, pulling, lifting, reaching, carrying, pushing, climbing, kneeling, stooping, and twisting.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function so that the requirements of the position can be met.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Able to communicate intentions and directions to residents, staff, families, and others as needed.
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, staff, and visitors.
- Works beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Is subject to call back during emergency conditions.
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, disease, conditions, etc. including tuberculosis, the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
- Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc. throughout the workday as well as reactions from duct, disinfectants, and other air contaminants.