Early Childhood Special Education Consultant - Remote Tutor
Lakeview Valley Crisis Intervention Institute Co Tacoma, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Part-Time Consultant Position- Work Remote
Online Early Childhood Special Education Consultant II/ Tutor (Serving children ages 3-5 years old)
School Year: 2020-2021 (renewable options)- 20 hours per week online
Monday-Thursday 8-3:00pm (by appointment only)
Position: 12 Month Contract / 1099 Independent Contractor Position
Must submit Background Check and TB Test Results
The online Early Childhood Special Education Consultant II (ECSEC) will work with program staff to provide direction in the implementation of special education support services to children with special needs.
1. ECSEC II provides online researched based specialized instructions to address the instructional goals and objectives contained within each student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP). Consultant shall use Seesaw to guide students through lessons plans and education services.
2. Assess student progress and determine the need for additional reinforcement or adjustments to instructional techniques.
3. Employs various teaching techniques, methods and principles of learning that aid students in achieving their IEP goals.
4. Coordinates with the Special Education Consultant I, Education/Disabilities Coordinator (EDC), and Mental Health Specialist to ensure the delivery of special education services in each student’s IEP.
5. Consult with EDC in establishing procedures and systems that best meet the needs of children with disabilities.
6. Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to meet the needs of children with special needs.
7. Coordinate services; working with the team.
8. Work with teachers, and parents to help address any concerns.
9. Consult with parents during screenings, IEP meetings if requested.
10. Provide staff and parent support as required.
11. Facilitate Professional Development and Training for Staff Members either Online or onsite
12. Assist with developing program reports (annual performance reports, Subpart B 1308 plan, performance reviews, etc) as requested
Provide support for teachers and staff through training including mentoring to create and implement a culture that teaches resiliency, providing families with added counseling
Work with Behavioral Health Specialist and Special Education Consultant to ensure trauma informed approaches are reflected in school policies. Assist with developing informed trauma systems and practices.
Lakeview Valley Crisis Intervention Institute CoWhy Work Here?
Flexible Schedule, Great Bonus Structure