Lakeview Center Inc. Shalimar, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Lakeview Center is best known for its caring, compassionate treatment for people with mental health issues, drug and alcohol dependencies, or intellectual disabilities. The breadth and depth of these services are the most comprehensive in the region. They range from inpatient and residential treatment to a gamut of outpatient programs including trauma services, psychiatry, counseling, day treatment, and intensive, round-the-clock outpatient services to help people with severe mental illnesses safely remain in the community. We reach people of all ages from babies and children to adolescents and adults. In all, we offer more than 60 programs and services for the people of Northwest Florida.
Lakeview Center is the designated Mobile Response Team (MRT) serving Circuit 1 (Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa and Walton counties). We provide 24 hour intervention and support to individuals experiencing a behavioral health challenges. The MRT provides round-the-clock intervention and support to people who are managing a behavioral or mental health. The team partners with local law enforcement, schools, emergency rooms and We provide telephone triage, telehealth assessments and face to face responses when appropriate. The team is at-the-ready to provide a response within 60 minutes via telephone triage or face-to-face response. Basic demographic and history information is needed to dispatch a team. MRT also provides after-care to ensure a smooth transition to the appropriate support services.
The purpose of case management is to assist clients in gaining access to needed medical, social, educational, and other services.
The primary goal of case management is to optimize the functioning of individuals who have complex needs by coordinating the provision of quality treatment and support services in the most efficient and effective manner. The desired outcomes for persons using the service system are self-sufficiency, and satisfaction in the living, learning, work and social environments of their choice.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college with a major in counseling, social work, psychology, criminal justice, nursing, rehabilitation, special education, health education, or a related human services field (a related human services field is one in which major course work includes the study of human behavior and development).
- Must have a minimum of one year of full time or equivalent experience working with adults experiencing serious mental illness and/or children with serious emotional disturbances.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college and three years full time or equivalent experience working with adults experiencing serious mental illness and/or children with serious emotional disturbances.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must have a valid Florida Driver's license.
- Must be insurable under LCI's automobile plan.
- Must be able to travel locally to clients' homes, training locations and other locations as necessary.
- Ability to complete approved mental health targeted case management training within three months of initially providing case management services.
- Must have knowledge of available resources in the service area for adults with serious mental illness and children with serious emotional disturbances.
- Must have knowledge of and comply with state and federal statutes, rules and policies that effect the target population.
- Must be able to provide individualized, integrated mental health, substance abuse and co-occurring services to meet the needs of individuals served and their families.
- Must be able to use a computer.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within the guidelines established in the policies and procedures of the agency and program.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with multidisciplinary staff.
- Ability to recognize signs and symptoms of abuse.
- Ability to effectively relate to a variety of individuals, including persons living with a mental illness and/or substance use disorder, persons with developmental disabilities, family members of persons served, and co-workers.
- Ability to problem solve and advocate for persons served.
- Ability to assist in maintaining a therapeutic milieu.
- Ability to provide in home and in community services.
Interested applicants please visit www.elakeviewcenter.org and complete the on-line application. If you require additional assistance, please call Human Resources at 850-469-3729.
LCI is putting our employee health and safety first by following guidance from local health departments and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations on preventing the spread of COVID-19.
Lakeview Center is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED
Lakeview Center Inc.
HealthcareView all jobs at Lakeview Center Inc.