- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Lakeside International is currently seeking a successful and driven professional to take on the Service Manager opportunity at our Milwaukee location. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and growing dealer group.
- The service manager is responsible for the branch service department and its technicians; including the efficient and profitable operation of the department while developing and maintaining a high level of overall customer satisfaction with the dealership
- Establish financial and operating objectives for the branch service department in support of company’s annual business planning process
- Ensures branch service department business plan is met monthly
- Evaluates service department’s performance against target goals and standards, taking appropriate corrective action when needed
- Holds weekly shop meetings to review shop kpi’s, policies, procedures, technical updates, customer issues, safety topics, etc.
- Ability to travel and see customers with outside sales team or independently to ensure positive customer relations and grow the service business
- Maintains good customer relations by addressing all customer concerns and mediating a solution between all parties involved
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of shop and service area, and along with General Manager ensures overall upkeep of facility and grounds
- Assist in coordinating and implementing branch advertising and service specials
- Ability to handle upset customers in a professional manner
- Establishes and fosters relations with key outside vendors communicating with them on product and warranty issues
- Fosters effective and timely communication between service and all other branch departments
- Oversees purchasing and acquisition of appropriate department tooling and equipment
- Works with accounting to collect past due service invoices and resolve customer concerns
- Actively recruit technicians and ensure headcount and retention targets are achieved
- Be engaged with local trade schools, and participate in recruiting events, advisory boards, etc.
- Interviews and hires all service department employees, addresses and handles all personnel issues, including reviews and performance appraisals, and performance improvement plans
- Ensure shop personnel are properly trained, and work with employees on career path development
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience Required:
- Associate’s degree (AA) in a technical field or a minimum of 5 years of comparable work experience
- Management skills to include strategic plan development, decision-making abilities, and program implementation
- Supervisory skills to include the ability to coach, train, and motivate subordinates to reach established department goals
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, results-driven, and works well under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and handle numerous tasks simultaneously
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate or display extensive product knowledge to customers and staff
- Have or obtain and maintain a commercial driver’s license (CDL)
- Ability to work in a dealership environment to include 8-12 hour days with frequent exposure to weather elements
- Responsible for safety audits, safety training, compliance with State and Federal OSHA, MSHA, EPA, and DOT regulations
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, stoop and lift/move up to 75lbs on a regular basis
LAKESIDE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
We're a company of 36 years with great benefits and competitive pay.
Locally owned and founded by Bill Reilley, Sr. in 1984, Lakeside Trucking has grown to over $100 million in annual sales and employs over 300 technical experts and industry professionals in the states of Wisconsin and Illinois. For over 35 years, Lakeside has been committed to offering customers quality products, superior service and responsiveness unequaled by any truck dealership in the region.
Lakeside International TrucksSheboygan, WI
WebsiteView All Lakeside International Trucks Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.