- Posted: 22 days ago
At Lakeside, we are a personable, loyal, and friendly company that connects with our customers and employees. Every employee is committed to enhancing our guests' satisfaction by building upon our relationships and offering great service at a reasonable price. We are dedicated to delivering a value-oriented product in a convenient, welcoming, and casual atmosphere.
The Assistant Controller is responsible for ensuring adequate controls exist to safeguard Company assets and to accurately prepare the information needed to communicate in a timely manner the results of operations and the Company's financial position.
EXPECTED CONTRIBUTIONS (Other duties may be assigned):
- Supervise assigned areas of responsibility to ensure that required tasks are being completed correctly, efficiently, in accordance with established procedures and regulatory guidelines, and in a timely manner/ and that staff members are motivated and competent.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the systems of internal control to ensure the internal controls are adequate and functioning as designed. Recommends changes to management as warranted and implements approved changes.
- Responsible for proper completion of appropriate general journal entries and financial reporting system so as to
provide accurate and timely financial information to management for analysis and/or- external reporting.
- Responsible for overall completion and retention of all appropriate general ledger account analysis for revenue audit areas and balance sheet items, including account reconciliations.
- Ensures that the Company's accounts and records are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles consistently applied.
- Ensures that all information is subjected to audit review appropriate to ensure that all regulatory and property requirements are met or
- Communicates information to the company's management and keeps them informed of potential concerns and interpretations regarding the information processed.
- Prepares/reviews and files appropriate financial and regulatory reports, licenses, tax returns, and information returns.
- Performs special projects and analyses as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Management is required.
- Minimum 2-4 years experience in Accounting Department Management.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be able to obtain and maintain an Iowa Gaming License.
A valid Driver’s License is required.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English.
- Must have Microsoft Office experience and basic computer skills.
- Great Plains or equivalent, IGT experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in Word and Excel.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) earned each pay period for Full-Time Team Members
- Paid Holidays for Full-Time Team Members
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Virtual Doctor Visits for Full-Time Team Members
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Free $25K Life Insurance for Full-Time Team Members
- Optional Coverages you can buy: Short and Long Term Disability, Additional Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance
- Free Employee Assistance Plan, including free legal guidance, counseling sessions, and more.
- Employee Discounts, Team Celebrations, Awards, and more...
DISCLAIMER: This job posting is intended to describe the general nature of this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employee benefits may vary by location, position, length of service, and employment status. Final candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check. Many positions will require a state gaming license. Affinity Gaming is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Lakeside Hotel and Casino
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?