Lakeshore Talent is partnering with a medical center to fill an opening for a part-time Residential Counselor for a women’s only addiction treatment center. This will be 3 days a week (Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday) for 12 hour overnight shifts 8pm-8am.
Pay for the position varies for experience/degrees:
- Non-degreed, $16-$17/hr.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of experience: $18-$19/hr.
- 3-5 years of experience: $20-$21.73/hr.
POSITION SUMMARY: Work three days a week to facilitate a variety of activities of daily living (ADLs) needed for the people we serve to become more self-sufficient and move toward recovery. Additionally, this position facilitates group therapy, manages intakes/discharges, monitor medications, create a safe environment for the people we serve, helps coordinate treatment, and advocates for individuals with severe and persistent mental illness. Responsible for direct service care as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide individual psychotherapy with consumers to provide support and insight.
- Facilitate group therapy sessions within the house.
- Coordinate clinical care with case management services and other services both inside and outside of MHCD.
- Assess the people we serve throughout the workday and provide appropriate interventions.
- Encourage, support, and train consumers in activities of daily living (ADLs) - teaching consumers about hygiene, help make appointments, show how to do household duties/chores, such as cooking, cleaning, etc.
- As part of a multi-disciplinary system, help facilitate the treatment and continuity of clinical care.
- Complete intake and discharge tasks for consumers being place in the house as new residents or moving out of the house.
- Maintain household safety in regard to a variety of household chores and activities, such as cooking, cleaning, and laundry.
- Document all significant interactions toward recovery and continuity of care.
- Complete necessary clinical documentation, such as the daily log, consumer record, and medication records.
- Respond to consumer and building emergencies and facilitate appropriate interventions. In emergency situations, contact other residential staff, your supervisor, or other clinicians when needed.
- Advocate for acceptance and integration of individuals with mental illness within the neighborhood and community in which they live.
- Required to attend scheduled team meetings.
- Maintain a trauma informed environment of wellbeing
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Physical and TB required. (must be completed prior to hire, and maintained during employment)
EXPERIENCE: One year of mental health experience or in related field preferred. Must be 20yrs. of age to apply.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent communication, organizational, and clinical skills:
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Attention to detail in regard to clinical information.
- Must have a clear understanding of personal boundaries and be confident and self-assured in a variety of situations.
- Have the ability to de-escalate tense situations and remain calm.
- Possess a high level of energy, with a positive and creative attitude.
- Knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed care principles/practices.
Qualified applicants, please send resumes to email@example.com
Lakeshore TalentSince 1995, Lakeshore has provided Staffing, Recruiting and Payrolling services to employers in Denver and Chicago across multiple industries. We are committed to achieving success by matching top talent with the right opportunities. In 2017, Lakeshore re-branded as Lakeshore Talent after a management buyout, becoming a woman owned company. We have a dynamic team of Account Executives focused on sales and the client experience and a talented team of Recruiters focused on candidate recruitment and candidate experience. We are able to offer a higher level of service as a result, and take pride in building strong relationships worthy of loyalty with both clients and candidates.