The Construction Lead Manager is responsible for coordinating and supervising the work of the Construction Team and reporting progress to the Director of Inventory.
- Manger 5 -7 Construction Leads to ensure sites are ready for new home deliveries with utility hookups complete, home set-up is complete and home is made ready for occupancy.
- Coordinates the construction leads to resolve any City / County building / permit departments questions and concerns; updates construction manager with all status updates for projects.
- Works directly with vendors to coordinate logistics for home deliveries and implementation; accept all new homes and ensure the home is on lot correctly per the site plan; ensure the delivery certificates are submitted to inventory admin and manufacture.
- Ensures the walk throughs are completed and sent to the factory within 10 days of the home being set.
- Work directly with vendors and Construction Leads to ensure set up procedures are completed to code and within timelines.
- Provide weekly reports on progress of new home sets.to construction manager.
- Escalates issues that impact delivery, home readiness or team productivity to appropriate manager and construction team.
- Completes special projects as assigned by manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college preferred;
- At least one year of experience in property management, construction administration, project management or related field;
- Demonstrated project planning and coordination experience;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Proficient in office productivity application; Excel, Google Sheets, Smart Sheets and Outlook
- Valid U.S driver’s license;
- Energetic and positive with a sharp eye for detail;
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Flexibility to travel minimum 50% of the time, some weekends may be required.
FLSA CLASS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Inventory
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: 5 -7 Construction Leads
BUSINESS FUNCTION: Inventory, New Homes
POSITION CLASS: Construction
- Treats everyone with respect, compassion and kindness – Builds internal respect and loyalty with customers. Demonstrates concern for customers. Effectively responds to customer needs. This includes responding timely to requests, listening to others, and seeking to understand others when there are differences of opinion, finding ways to build on each other’s ideas. Acts with empathy and focus, while able to resolve problems.
- Demonstrate integrity, transparency and doing things the right way – Makes lemonade out of lemons. This includes following policies, demonstrating financial responsibility with Lakeshore assets, complying with state and federal law, and practicing safety. Conforms to the highest professional standard. Turns challenges into wins.
- Collaboration and team work – Involve key stakeholders in decision making. This includes developing and maintaining positive work relationships. Enhances the level of mutual cooperation. Actively participates in team-oriented objectives and activities. Focuses on team success, over individual.
- Solves problems and is transparent about outcomes – Champions new initiatives beyond the scope of the department. Seeks to improve in all aspects of work performance. Creates an environment of continuous improvement and innovation. Encourages people to maintain high standards of quality and thoroughness.
- Serves our employees and residents to improve their lives – This includes maintaining the property that creates curb appeal, a welcoming community environment, supports individual and family activities, creates a sense of neighborhood. At work, continually challenges self to grow and develop to be the best you can be at work.
Physical Requirements and work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment may be moderate to loud. There is occasional exposure to outside weather conditions. The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. The employee may be required to stand for a long period of time.
Compensation: $55,000 - $60,000
Lakeshore Management is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, or protected veteran status. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Lakeshore is a smoke-free and drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening is required. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.
Job ID: 1865/JAX