Refurb Technician - 33
Lakeshore Management Inc Madison, WI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Refurb Technician specializes in repair, maintenance and remodeling in both large and small projects. The duties include everything from basic projects like repairs, painting, minor plumbing, minor electrical and installation task to moderate-sized projects like replacing doors, roofing, windows, flooring, tiling and remodeling. This is a safety sensitive role.
- Cleaning and prepping of construction sites by removing debris, garbage etc.
- Removing, replacing and or repairing roof leaks.
- Renovating interior + exterior doors, windows, kitchen and bath, replace and finish dry wall, remove and replace existing sub floor and lay new carpet or linoleum.
- Maintaining a safe and clean job site by handling materials and storing them properly, picking up and removing all tools and equipment when not in use, and securing the job site on a daily basis.
- Handling materials such as wood, plastic, paint, drywall, roofing materials etc.
- Must not have restrictions to working with these types of materials.
- Trouble shoot and determine problems on mobile homes.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of residential construction and remodeling trades, practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control, safety and applicable building codes;
- Minimum of 2 years of construction experience;
- Strong coordination experience;
- Results driven with ability to meet deadlines;
- Strong customer service skills; excellent verbal communications skills
- Basic understanding of email and work order systems
- Valid U.S. driver’s license;
- Energetic and positive with a sharp eye for detail;
- Flexibility to travel up to 50%, some weekends may be required;
- Treats everyone with respect, compassion and kindness – Builds internal respect and loyalty with customers. Demonstrates concern for customers. Effectively responds to customer needs. This includes responding timely to requests, listening to others, and seeking to understand others when there are differences of opinion, finding ways to build on each other’s ideas. Acts with empathy and focus, while able to resolve problems.
- Demonstrate integrity, transparency and doing things the right way – Makes lemonade out of lemons. This includes following policies, demonstrating financial responsibility with Lakeshore assets, complying with state and federal law, and practicing safety. Conforms to the highest professional standard. Turns challenges into wins.
- Collaboration and team work – Involve key stakeholders in decision making. This includes developing and maintaining positive work relationships. Enhances the level of mutual cooperation. Actively participates in team-oriented objectives and activities. Focuses on team success, over individual.
- Solves problems and is transparent about outcomes – Champions new initiatives beyond the scope of the department. Seeks to improve in all aspects of work performance. Creates an environment of continuous improvement and innovation. Encourages people to maintain high standards of quality and thoroughness.
- Serves our employees and residents to improve their lives – This includes maintaining the property that creates curb appeal, a welcoming community environment, supports individual and family activities, creates a sense of neighborhood. At work, continually challenges self to grow and develop to be the best you can be at work.
The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. There is occasional exposure to outside weather conditions. This role may require airline travel.
COMPENSATION: $18.00 - $22.00/Hr (Based on experience)
LOCATION: Oak Park (Madison, WI)
Lakeshore embraces Diversity and Inclusion, and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, or protected veteran status. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including pre-employment drug screening. Lakeshore is a smoke-free and drug-free workplace, for the purpose of workplace safety and health. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.
Covid-19 Protocols for all Candidates:
- Social Distancing (6 feet)
- Masks are required
- We provide sanitizer to keep hands clean
- If arrangements are needed, please discuss with Hiring Manager
Lakeshore Management Inc
571 Banding LnMadison, WI
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Lakeshore Management Inc