Lakeshore Learning Materials is one of the most innovative manufacturers of educational materials in the country. Specializing in top-quality products for the home and classroom, we are a thriving multichannel organization with a robust web business, multiple catalogs for early learning and elementary programs, 60 store locations and a sales force that is second to none. Thanks to the daily contributions of the amazing people who make up our team, Lakeshore has experienced continuous growth since the day it was founded in 1954.Job Description
Have a passion for early education? Then we have something in common!
If you know Lakeshore, then you know what we’re all about—making sure that early learners have the tools they need to learn and grow. At Kids & Company Child Development Center, we’ve created a program that puts those objectives front and center. We have an outstanding curriculum, the full participation of our parents, and a great staff—the only thing missing is you! So if you’re an experienced, highly motivated teacher who wants to guide children’s discovery of the world around them, let’s talk. You’ll be part of a wonderful team (and the days of paying out of pocket for your classroom supplies are over). Created for our employees’ children over 25 years ago, Kids & Company is a full-day program with a Nature Explore® classroom and a whole lot more! You will be located at Lakeshore headquarters in Carson.
A day in our classrooms looks like this:
• Facilitating a daily classroom schedule and instruction
• Creating and maintaining a positive learning environment
• Developing strategies to guide children’s positive behavior
• Observing, recording and assessing children’s growth and development
• Implementing center curriculum while supporting child care safety and quality guidelines
• Working with parents to facilitate their children’s development
• Maintaining center facilities to support program quality
• Supporting fellow teachers with various center tasks and duties
Got the skills and experience? Here’s what we’re looking for:
• Associate’s degree in Child Development / Early Childhood required, with at least 12 ECE units completed. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
• Minimum 1 year of classroom experience
• Current Pediatric First Aid & CPR certified with anaphylaxis and asthma training preferred
• Knowledgeable in all aspects of child development, creative classroom environments and best practices, with a good understanding of the California Preschool Learning Foundations & California Infant/Toddler Curriculum Framework
• Nurturing, compassionate and enthusiastic personality
• Open form of communication that’s adaptable to children, adults and staff
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Flexibility to provide care for infants/pre-k age level as needed
And here’s our end of the bargain!
• Competitive compensation based on skills and experience
• Excellent medical/dental and vision coverage—EPO, PPO and HSA
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution (because you will retire someday)
• Flexible benefits—choose what you like, ignore the rest
• Exceptional training and support, and all the resources you need to be successful
• Super-awesome annual profit bonus plan
• On-site preschool for our employees’ children
• On-site employee gym for all levels/fitness needs
• Generous employee discount
• Casual dress…and we really mean it
At Lakeshore, we know we couldn’t do the extraordinary things we’re doing without the people on our team. Thanks to the passion and enthusiasm of this spectacular group, Lakeshore is more than a great place to work—it’s a great experience to be part of. Day in and day out, we give everything we’ve got to create products that instill a sense of wonder and foster a true love of learning. To help maintain this high bar for success, we’re constantly on the lookout for people to join us. So if you’re a down-to-earth professional who shares our desire for making a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
To learn more about Lakeshore, visit www.lakeshorelearning.com/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
People are selected to become members of the Lakeshore family based on skill, merit and mind-boggling talent—not based on race, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, marital status, domestic partnership status, military status, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, alienage, AIDS or AIDS-related complex status, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status as a victim of domestic violence, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If things aren’t equal, we all lose. INDPLL2