LAKESHORE ESTATES JOB DESCRIPTION
Classification: Non-Exempt Department: Housekeeping Reports to: Director of Housekeeping
This position is responsible for being familiar with and carrying out housekeeping policies and procedures. An in – service training program will be a part of this position.
Essential Functions / Areas of Responsibility:
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; this position must also perform other job responsibilities as assigned.
- Have a positive attitude. You’re making a difference in the resident’s lives every day.
- Love what you do.
- Withstand extreme temperatures for 10 – 15 minutes at a time. ( 20 to 100 degrees
- Lift minimum of 20 pounds.
- Walk/stand for 7 hours in a daily shift.
- Read (must be able to read labels and follow policy and procedures).
- Stoop/bend for up to 25% of work day.
- Push/pull to guide and control housekeeping cart (weighing up to 200 pounds).
- Tolerate dust, odors, body fluids, etc.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs.
- Must be able to climb a ladder up to 6 feet.
- Come to work neat and well groomed.
- Treat residents and visitors in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Thoroughly clean assigned resident rooms daily.
- Clean public restrooms daily or as often as necessary.
- Clean water fountains daily or as often as necessary.
- Clean utility rooms daily.
- Clean medicine rooms and nursing stations daily as directed by housekeeping supervisor.
- Check all rooms before leaving to insure maximum cleanliness.
- Mop areas throughout the building according to scheduled floor maintenance program.
- Clean and sanitize individual rooms after resident dismissals.
- Take out trash from all areas daily or as needed.
- Provide laundry services on a rotating schedule.
Experience / Skills needed:
Must have a sense of smell. Must be able to distinguish odors, chemicals, fire, smoke, etc. Must be able to distinguish colors. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to read and write. Must be in good physical health. Standing, stooping, bending, and lifting are requirements of this job. Previous housekeeping experience in an institutional or healthcare environment preferred.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. By signing below I am stating that I understand and agree.