Under the direction of the Production Supervisor and Lead, this position is accountable for monitoring and ensuring quality control for all garments produced. Communicate with team members when garments are imperfect and need to be redone. Fold, tag, box and count garments, records styles and quantities of garments produced and prepare them for shipping. Departments include:Screenprint, Embroidery & High Post Production (HPP).
Schedule: Monday-Thursday, 5:45a-4p or Monday-Friday, 8a-4p
(HPP hours are Monday-Friday 8:30a-4:30p)
A Typical Day (job functions) | Inspect + Sort + Fold + Count + Monitor + Organize
- Inspects all garments for correct ink/thread colors, proper logo placement, labels and general flaws
- Communicate with, or walk to, inventory department to gather garments needed.
- Trim loose threads, trim backing, and coloring threads
- Maintain Lakeshirts acceptable standard of quality per garment
- Sort, count and fold garments by size/color/garment style and prepare them for shipping
- Read and understand work orders and profiles to ensure each account is processed correctly
- Keep work area clean and orderly
- Organize work flow
- Follows safety practices. Identifies problems and works to resolve safety issues as they occur in accordance to OSHA standards
- Works actively with others to get the job done
- Other duties as assigned
Skills (qualifications) | Keen Eye for Detail + Meticulous + Self-Starter
- High school education desirable, but not required
- Basic computer experience required-excel, word, tablet
- Ability to work well in a team
- Must be reliable, responsible and take direction well
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks for several hours
- Ability to be stand for 8-10 hours a day
- Previous production experience preferred, but not required
OUR CULTURE IS ONE-OF-A-KIND AND TRULY SETS US APART. We are proud of our humble beginnings and non-corporate style. We offer a unique atmosphere, unlike any other manufacturer. We work hard to be the best and we seek only committed individuals that will help move our company forward and embrace our values and culture. Lakeshirts | Blue 84 is one of the largest privately owned screen-printing manufacturers in the United States, responsible for decorating and distribution of a wide variety of garments for the resort, college and K-12 markets. At our headquarters in Detroit Lakes, MN, we employ over 650 great people, proudly producing 35,000+ garments daily. It's not just a job but a lifestyle. Our job descriptions help support and guide you in the role you play in making our company successful. LIFE'S BETTER IN A T-SHIRT. IT REALLY IS.
Cognitive or Mental Requirements of the Job:
Employee must be able to see, hear, read and write. Requires adaptability, analyzing, assessing, calculating, decision making, dependability, judgment, reading, speaking, following direction, handling multiple priorities, reasoning.
Lifting under 10 lbs.
Lifting 10-24 lbs.
Lifting 25-50 lbs.
Lifting over 50 lbs.
Carrying under 10 lbs.
Carrying 10-24 lbs.
Carrying 25-50 lbs.
Carrying over 50 lbs.
Reaching above shoulder height
Reaching at shoulder height
Reaching below shoulder height
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and should in no way be considered a contract or guarantee of employment. Employee may perform other related duties as needed, based on the ongoing needs of the business. Minnesota is an Employment-At-Will state and implies no specific length of employment.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro