WE ARE THE COLOR COMPANY | ALL THE LATEST TRENDS. EARTH-FRIENDLY & ORGANIC.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Under the direction of the Doghouse Dyeworks Supervisor, this position is responsible for folding and quality inspection of dyed garments, and communicating with team members when garments are imperfect and need to be redone.
Schedule: Monday-Thursday, 6:30a-3p, Friday 6:30a-12:30p OR Monday-Friday, 8a-4p
A Typical Day (job functions) | Fold + Inspect + Organize + Repeat
- Folding and quality inspection of garments. Requires turning shirts right-side out, inspecting the front, back, sleeves and seams of each garment
- Knowledge of Doghouse Dyeworks' acceptable standards of quality per garment; understanding manufacturing defects (hole/thread pull/missing button) and difference between spots and what is inherent to the dye process
- Notify immediate supervisor of any problems concerning color, consistency or spotting on the garments
- Pull defective garments from dye load as folding. All defective garments are to be labeled, folded and accounted for on the load sheet as the end of each load and taken to appropriate defect area
- Read work profiles, change job status code on computer
- Operate pad printing machine to pad print garments with correct label
- Lift up to 40 lbs throughout the day
- Keep work area clean and orderly
- Organize work flow
- Follow safety practices; identify problems and work to resolve safety issues as they occur in accordance to OSHA standards
- Work actively with others to get the job done
- Other duties as assigned
Skills (qualifications) | Detail-Oriented + Keen Eye + Meticulous
- High school education desirable, but not required
- Ability to work well in a team
- Must be reliable, responsible and take direction well
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks for several hours
- Ability to be stand for 8-10 hours a day
- Previous production experience preferred, but not required
- Microsoft Word/Excel experience preferred
Our culture is one-of-a-kind and truly sets us apart. We are proud of our humble beginnings and non-corporate style. We offer a unique atmosphere, unlike any other manufacturer. We work hard to be the best and we seek only committed individuals that will help move our company forward and embrace our values and culture. Lakeshirts | Blue 84 is one of the largest privately owned screen-printing manufacturers in the United States, responsible for decorating and distribution of a wide variety of garments for the resort, college and K-12 markets. At our headquarters in Detroit Lakes, MN, we employ over 650 great people, proudly producing 45,000+ garments daily. It's not just a job but a lifestyle. Our job descriptions help support and guide you in the role you play in making our company successful.
LIFE'S BETTER IN A T-SHIRT. IT REALLY IS.
Cognitive or Mental Requirements of the Job:
Employee must be able to see and hear, read and write. Requires adaptability, analyzing, assessing, calculating, decision making, dependability, judgment, reading, speaking, following direction, handling multiple priorities, reasoning.
Lifting under 10 lbs.
Lifting 10-24 lbs.
Lifting 25-50 lbs.
Lifting over 50 lbs.
Carrying under 10 lbs.
Carrying 10-24 lbs.
Carrying 25-50 lbs.
Carrying over 50 lbs.
Reaching above shoulder height
Reaching at shoulder height
Reaching below shoulder height
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. This document should in no way be considered a contract or guarantee of employment. Employee may perform other related duties as needed based on the ongoing needs of the business. Minnesota is an Employment-At-Will state and implies no specific length of employment.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro