Under the direction of the Production Lead and Trainer, this position is accountable for transferring a design onto garments using a screenprint machine or embroidery machine. Responsible for helping with processing orders through preparing garments, programming machine for the design, and making quality adjustments as necessary. Help to analyze orders to identify design and determine ink colors or thread. Verify garment quality design to achieve company standards. Support Quality Control Specialists as needed with folding, boxing and counting garments, record styles and quantities of garments produced. Responsible for meeting department goals.
Schedule: Monday-Thursday, 4p-2a
A Typical Day (job functions) | Decorate on Garments + Ensure Quality + WOW Our Customer
- Analyze orders to identify design and determine ink or thread colors
- Verify quality of clothing and ink design or thread/fabric color
- Change screens/ink or threads as needed for specific orders
- Process order on screenprint or embroidery and laser machine
- Maintain Lakeshirts acceptable standard of quality per garment
- Communicate with inventory department to gather replacement garments as needed
- Keep work area clean and orderly
- Follows safety practices. Identifies problems and works to resolve safety issues as they occur in accordance to OSHA standards
- Works actively with others to get the job done
- Other duties as assigned
Skills (qualifications) | TEAMwork + Continuous Improvement Mindset + Responsible
- High school education desirable, but not required.
- Tablet, smartphone or computer experience preferred
- Ability to work well in a team
- Must be reliable, responsible and take direction well
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks for several hours
- Ability to be stand for 8-10 hours a day
- Previous production experience preferred, but not required
OUR CULTURE IS ONE-OF-A-KIND AND TRULY SETS US APART. We are proud of our humble beginnings and non-corporate style. We offer a unique atmosphere, unlike any other manufacturer. We work hard to be the best and we seek only committed individuals that will help move our company forward and embrace our values and culture. Lakeshirts | Blue 84 is one of the largest privately owned screen-printing manufacturers in the United States, responsible for decorating and distribution of a wide variety of garments for the resort, college and K-12 markets. At our headquarters in Detroit Lakes, MN, we employ over 650 great people, proudly producing 35,000+ garments daily. It's not just a job but a lifestyle. Our job descriptions help support and guide you in the role you play in making our company successful. LIFE'S BETTER IN A T-SHIRT. IT REALLY IS.
Cognitive or Mental Requirements of the Job:
Employee must be able to see, hear, read and write. Requires adaptability, analyzing, assessing, calculating, decision making, dependability, judgment, reading, speaking, following direction, handling multiple priorities, reasoning.