The Lakeland Companies is looking for an outstanding Marketing Communications Specialist to join our marketing team. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, a creative eye, strong writing and communication skills, all while being detail-oriented, and a dependable team player. Content includes, but isn't limited to: website copy, promotional copy, customer newsletter copy, white paper copy, case study copy, webinar scripts, video scripts, blog posts, and campaign emails. The position will also be responsible for scheduling and tracking content. The Marketing Communications Specialist will work together with Marketing leadership to ensure all content is equitable and directly correlated to the many Lakeland business units and brands.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a strong work ethic and enjoy producing creative and written content, then this is the position for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Work closely with the Marketing Director, Marketing Manager and Lakeland business unit executives to develop content for our different business units. Create compelling marketing campaign copy for industry specific audience segments, ensuring that each business unit’s messaging is on-brand and consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice. This position will work closely with the Marketing Director and business unit executives to develop campaigns for selling products and services to our customers.
· Develops, writes and executes content marketing initiatives including: search engine optimized website copy, promotional copy, customer newsletter copy, white paper copy, case study copy, webinar scripts, blog posts, social media posts and responses, email copy, video scripts, long-form articles, direct mail campaigns and other promotional materials in an array of writing styles/voices to drive traffic and engagement.
· Manage, maintain and create customer lists and CRM segmented business unit target lists for campaigns.
- Manage monthly newsletters, website and marketing campaign activities for Lakeland business units that is consistent with strategic marketing priorities.
- Maintain and help to evolve the voice of web and digital communications; research, write and edit SEO-rich, grammatically accurate content for the company's multiple websites- taking a proactive approach to improve our communications and brands across all Marketing programs and activities.
- Research, monitor and report on content trends and best practices in the marketplace from competitors and peer groups.
- Reports to Marketing Director
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, or a related field, and 2-5 years of experience in an advertising/marketing role; OR any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in copywriting and editing with excellent grammatical skills, attention to detail and the ability to develop content that requires little to no editing.
- Excellent and effective communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interview and build relationships to support content-generation efforts across Lakeland business units.
- Self-starter that demonstrates project management capabilities in a fast paced environment and has the ability to multitask, prioritize, organize, and manage time accordingly.
- Requires strong computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Must be comfortable working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Previous experience working in industrial manufacturing, B2B and B2C a plus
- Graphic design and Adobe Creative Suite experiences a plus
- Experience working in WordPress website platforms a plus
- Experience working with SalesForce CRM a plus
- Experience in audio and video recording, editing, and production a plus
Lakeland offers attractive compensation, benefits, and opportunities for both professional development and career progression. Lakeland’s comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, 401(k), profit sharing, and tuition reimbursement.