ED RN Facilitator
Lake Health West - Willoughby, OH
Are you interested in becoming part of an outstanding team of professionals who make patient and family-centered care their priority? We currently have the following opportunity for an energetic, skilled, and compassionate individual like you to become part of the Lake Health team.
The RN -- Facilitator Inpatient is responsible to the Department Director, Lake Health and its clients to be clinically competent; delivers care to patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation; and effectively interacts with patient, significant others, and other health team members while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
Essential Job functions:
- Utilizes the nursing process by demonstrating appropriate assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the patient's care, as evidenced by patient, family and direct observation. Provides clinical and technical support for staff members.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with physicians, other nurses, and other team members to assure the well-being of patients and families. Ensures consistent communication with physicians regarding issues affecting their practice in collaboration with Department Director.
- Promotes and works to achieve a patient/family centered care environment including a strong commitment to patient/family privacy, safety and satisfaction.
- Actively participates and contributes to unit performance improvement initiatives and team member engagement activities. Identify and plan for changes on unit, e.g.. policy and procedure changes, changes related to goals on unit, changes in staffing patterns, as delegated by Director.
- Change management: willingness and ability to adapt to the ever changing healthcare environment.
- Provides clinical and technical support for staff members.
- Facilitates and coordinate resolution of inter/intra departmental issues between ED staff, Administrative coordinators, and other department staff including enforcing hospital policies.
- Maintains current knowledge of established policies and procedures as outline don the Lake Health Intranet site. Maintain an understanding of the operational need of the hospital.
- Promote growth of team members through established developmental goals, competencies, guidance and counseling, including participation of team member evaluations.
- Demonstrates effective utilization of Human Resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree required, BSN preferred. AHA BLS required, ACLS preferred.
- Valid license as an RN in the State of Ohio.
- Minimum of two years' experience in clinical area, which has posted the position.
Comprehensive cardiac services, including open-heart surgery in partnership with The Cleveland Clinic
A progressive orthopedics and sports medicine program, including minimally invasive techniques
Advanced surgical services
Up-to-date imaging and diagnostics equipment
And much more.
As the largest private employer in Lake County, Lake Health offers a progressive work environment that includes an attractive benefits package. If you're interested in a career at Lake Health, check out our job opportunities. We also provide a variety of volunteer opportunities for adults and teens.
Lake Health has been an integral part of the community for over 100 years. Our programs, services, and facilities–which focus on your needs–reflect our commitment to Lake County and surrounding communities.