Lake Health West - Willoughby, OH
Are you interested in becoming part of an outstanding team of professionals who make patient and family-centered care their priority? We currently have the following opportunity for an energetic, skilled, and compassionate individual like you to become part of the Lake Health team.
The Assistant Nurse Manager, under the direction of the Nurse Manager/Director, is responsible to the Department Director, Lake Health, and its clients, for providing 24-hour clinical and operational support to Team Members of assigned areas of responsibility. Assistant Nurse Managers are to support and contribute to the strategic initiative of the system and role model the RITSI values of the organization.
Essential Job functions:
- Participate in generating annual capital, FTE, operating budgets.
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility as it relates to daily staffing
- Collaborate effectively with charge persons to gather input on staffing patterns/skill mix for upcoming shifts
- Consult with leadership to determine effective staffing mix based on acuity / skill mix
- Process time changes expediently following established guidelines
- Collaborate with leadership for approval of premium dollars, i.e.: shift bonus, overtime, agency usage
- Enter staffing into computerized data base to provide concurrent productivity measures
- Demonstrate effective use of material resources
- [Improve quality of care and processes within service and organization
- Actively participate in activities related to customer / client satisfaction.
- Promote growth of Team Members through established developmental goals, competencies, guidance and Counseling
- Assist other Team Members in the performance of their assignments by seeking out opportunities to help rather than being asked.
- Accept responsibility for the impact of your actions on Team Members throughout the System, as evidenced by lack of feedback to the contrary.
- Participate in Team Member feedback process as requested.
- Identify and facilitate conflict resolution when appropriate.
- Demonstrate the ability to take direction and initiate actions that will allow the opportunity for cross-functional duties and independent decision making to ensure seamless service as appropriate.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner by adapting assignments to meet operational needs.
- Minimize non-productive time and fill slow periods with activities that will enable you to prepare to meet System needs (i.e. education, organizing, housekeeping, assisting others).
- Work in a positive manner to enhance interdepartmental and intradepartmental relationships and to promote efficiency and communications.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Education: BSN preferred.
- License/Certification: License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio. AHA BLS required. For Emergency Dept. ACLS, PALS, CPI required, TNCC preferred.
- Experience: Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills. Three years related leadership experience in assigned area(s) of responsibility.
Comprehensive cardiac services, including open-heart surgery in partnership with The Cleveland Clinic
A progressive orthopedics and sports medicine program, including minimally invasive techniques
Advanced surgical services
Up-to-date imaging and diagnostics equipment
And much more.
As the largest private employer in Lake County, Lake Health offers a progressive work environment that includes an attractive benefits package. If you're interested in a career at Lake Health, check out our job opportunities. We also provide a variety of volunteer opportunities for adults and teens.
Lake Health has been an integral part of the community for over 100 years. Our programs, services, and facilities–which focus on your needs–reflect our commitment to Lake County and surrounding communities.