Do you care about patients who are suffering from addiction? Do you want to make a significant impact in people's lives and the lives of their loved ones?
We have a wonderful career opportunity for a caring Treatment Navigator to take patient calls, conduct patient assessments and convert leads to admissions. Send your resume for immediate consideration through this job posting (our preferred application method), or if you are unable to apply via this job post, you may fax your resume to 888.859.2007. No phone calls or in person visits please.
Be sure to include your sales experience and addiction/substance abuse treatment experience in your resume or cover letter. Resumes must have your current contact information, complete employment dates and specific job duties that demonstrate your sales and addiction treatment experience.
Our full-time team members receive great benefits including medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, short & long term disability, accident, critical illness, sick time, vacation time, 10 paid holidays, and more.
We are looking for the following education, skills and experience for this opportunity:
· High school diploma or equivalent required. College coursework or degree in related field preferred.
· Sales experience is required.
· Prior call center experience is a plus.
· At least one year of experience in addiction treatment.
· Ability to properly present company’s services to patients over the phone, via video and occasionally in person.
· Willingness and ability to serve on a call rotation that would include calls after 5 pm during the week, and calls throughout the weekend.
· Excellent computer-based and telephonic skills.
· Exceptional and demonstrable customer service skills.
· Ability to strategize, persuade and negotiate.
· Strong goal setting skills and goal achievement history.
· Ability to multi-task and successfully prioritize workload.
· Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
· Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced working environment.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
If you join our team, you’ll enjoy the following responsibilities:
· Assist patients through the admission and intake process via phone, video or in person.
· Convert leads from multiple sources into admissions.
· Follow up with alumni, past inquiries, and any other source pertaining to admissions.
· Assist patients in resolving barriers to increase chance of admission.
· Report quality leads and any opportunities to improve admissions goals to management.
· Complete intake process effectively and efficiently and communicate the patients’ needs and barriers with outpatient staff to allow for successful admission.
· Enter all pertinent information related to admissions in the company’s electronic medical record system.
· Be available after hours and weekends to respond to incoming calls on the admissions line.
· Adhere to HIPAA requirements.
· Other duties as assigned.