We have an opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner to join our team in our outpatient clinics in Lafayette and Lake Charles. To be considered, you must have a current, unrestricted Nurse Practitioner license and you must submit a complete resume with employment dates and specific job duties, including your psychiatric or addiction treatment experience. If you have a great work ethic and truly care about patients in addiction recovery, apply today!
You must have the following education, skills and experience to be considered:
· Master’s degree in nursing.
· Current and unrestricted Nurse Practitioner license in the state of Louisiana.
· Prefer 5 years or more of direct patient care experience.
· Prefer psychiatric and/or addiction treatment experience.
· Able to treat patients with addiction in a compassionate, comprehensive manner.
· Able to positively interact and develop rapport with patients and their families, professional support staff, team members and various individuals from the community agencies.
· Able to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
If you join our team, you’ll enjoy the following responsibilities:
· Work directly with patients one to two days per week in person or via telemedicine.
· Conduct initial medical screenings for new patients.
· Deliver quality care on an outpatient basis.
· Use injectables (such as Vivitrol).
· Review laboratory and/or test results to monitor patient adherence to treatment plans.
· Recommend different levels of care if needed.
· Document patient notes in the electronic health records.
· Update patient records during follow-up appointments.
· Work efficiently and in cooperation with other medical professionals and clinic employees.
· Other duties as assigned.