We have an opportunity for an experienced Addiction Counselor/Therapist to provide group therapy in our Lake Charles outpatient clinic Monday through Friday evenings as needed. To be considered, you must have prior addiction treatment experience and you must submit a complete resume with employment dates and specific job duties, including your addiction treatment experience. If you have a great work ethic and truly care about patients in addiction recovery, apply today!
You must have the following education, skills and experience to be considered:
· Outpatient counselor must be able to work evenings Monday through Friday.
· Must have a current and unrestricted license with his/her professional board or licensing authority in Louisiana-must be LAC, CAC, RAC, CCS, LMSW, LCSW, LPC (or PLPC), LMFT (or PLMFT).
· Must have addiction treatment experience.
· Possess an understanding of the role of 12-step principles in sobriety.
· Able to positively interact and develop rapport with patients and their families, professional support staff, team members and various individuals from the community agencies.
· Able to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally.
· High energy with engaging personality and strong people skills.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
If you join our team, you’ll enjoy the following responsibilities:
· Provides clinical services via individual, group and family therapy.
· Applies patient interventions.
· Documents patient notes, interventions, phone calls, and overall patient data, including Symptom Monitoring.
· Provides crisis intervention.
· Provides support for clinical services to other team members when needed.
· Adhere to rules and regulations regarding all patient treatment, such as group size, caseload and referrals.
· Participate in clinical assessments and screenings as needed and work with the admission team to facilitate patient placement.
· Aggressively implement continuous quality improvement initiatives.
· Perform patient assessments to aide in patient admittance.
· Other duties as assigned.