We have an opportunity for an experienced Addiction Counselor/Therapist to conduct patient assessments, provide therapy and check in patients for outpatient care Monday through Friday. To be considered, you must have prior addiction treatment experience and you must submit a complete resume with employment dates and specific job duties, including your addiction treatment experience.
If you have a great work ethic and truly care about patients in addiction recovery, apply today!
You must have the following education, skills and experience to be considered:
- Must have a current and unrestricted license with his/her professional board or licensing authority in Louisiana-must be LAC, CAC, RAC, CCS, LMSW, LCSW, LPC (or PLPC), LMFT (or PLMFT), etc.
- Must have addiction treatment experience.
- Possess an understanding of the role of 12-step principles in sobriety.
- Able to positively interact and develop rapport with patients and their families, professional support staff, team members and various individuals from the community agencies.
- Able to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally.
- Excellent computer-based and telephonic skills.
- Exceptional and demonstrable customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and successfully prioritize workload.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced working environment with frequent changes to processes.
- Excellent computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
If you join our team, you’ll enjoy the following responsibilities:
- Provides clinical services via individual, group and family therapy.
- Perform patient assessments to aide in patient admittance.
- Documents patient notes, interventions, phone calls, and overall patient data, including Symptom Monitoring.
- Checks in patients for their physician appointments.
- Collects patient payments and enters payment information into the electronic health record and billing spreadsheet.
- Uploads documents as needed.
- Collects patient specimens (urine collections) to send to the laboratories for testing.
- Answers all incoming calls and routes appropriately.
- Greets all incoming visitors and provides appropriate information and answers.
- Facilitates release of information process for medical records.
- Provides crisis intervention.
- Provides support for clinical services to other team members when needed.
- Adhere to rules and regulations regarding all patient treatment, such as group size, caseload and referrals.
- Participate in clinical assessments and screenings as needed and work with the admission team to facilitate patient placement.
- Aggressively implement continuous quality improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
GREAT BENEFITS for full time employees - medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, short & long term disability, accident, critical illness, sick time, vacation time and 10 paid holidays.