The Lake County Health Department is currently looking for a Radiological Technician that will be able to performs quality radiographs for the identification and diagnosis of tuberculosis. Confirms proper medical documentation is in order for medical billing of x-rays.
Location: 515 Keller Avenue, Waukegan IL / Hours: Tuesday (9:00am - 1:00pm)
Skills and Experience
- Responsible for radiographic development, labeling, logging, and arranging of films for review by the contracted Radiologist.
- Maintains and files x-ray films and reports in appropriate areas. Files all x-ray documentation into the patient’s chart. Arranges duplicate copy of x-ray reports alphabetically and files them in their appropriate location.
- Monitors and reports the number of x-rays taken.
- Advises and educates patients on chest x-ray procedures.
- Assist co-workers in other areas of the clinic when necessary, which includes but is not limited to, front desk duties and other duties as assigned.
- Maintains a clear, concise, daily log of all patients having x-rays.
- Keeps an inventory of x-ray supplies (i.e., developer, solution, film, etc.) and orders as needed to ensure continued clinic operations.
- Keeps the x-ray rooms and common areas in a safe, clean, and orderly environment.
- Answers telephone calls.
- Performs duties in a professional manner and cooperates with TB clinic staff, TB Medical Director, and the TB Program Coordinator for the efficient operation of the clinic.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Graduate from an approved Medical Radiation Technology program
- Current Illinois Licensure as a Radiology Technician by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and accreditation by the State of Illinois Department of Nuclear Safety
- Requires two years of recent general experience in the field of Radiology