Lake County Government in Leadville, CO is seeking an experienced fulltime
Program Administrator for our Public Health Department. This position is responsible for implementing and administering special COVID-19 related projects and programs including the local public health order, sector guidance, Roadmap to Reopening and communications, and public information strategies.
Essential Duties Include:
- Manage project design including planning, developing, implementing, maintaining, reporting, and evaluating
- Apply public health experiences, content knowledge, and expertise to identify best practices
- Adeptly determine performance objectives and guidelines, and recommend procedural improvements.
- Advise on-going strategic management and planning for the pandemic response, including assessing complex problems and barriers and recommending population-based resolution strategies and actions.
- Understand requisite knowledge that underlies effective decision-making.
- Provide guidance to others involved with the County’s COVID response efforts including the Public Information Officer, Attorney’s Office and Law Enforcement agencies collaborating on education, compliance and enforcement.
- Continue to build a foundation of knowledge around local, state, and national COVID-related strategies and guidelines and incorporate the information into local guidelines.
- Effectively communicate public health and COVID expertise to interdisciplinary teams, sector representatives and community members.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure synchronicity in project direction, timelines, and deliverables.
- Convene and facilitate community groups for Covid-19 prevention and/or education.
- Provide subject matter expertise and key educational and administrative resources for assigned project/projects, providing advice and assistance.
- Plan and provide public awareness through various forms of communication
- Collaborates on data collection, analysis, evaluation and monitoring of metrics and outcome data.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with other community professionals, through effective coordination, communication, and continuity.
- Support the relationship between Lake County government and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors, and County staff; maintain confidentiality of work-related issues and County information; perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Knowledge of the following:
- Integrated systems and/or systems change
- community resources in multiple sectors
- local government systems
- program evaluation and outcomes measurement
- collaboration and collaborative processes
- Able to ‘hit the ground running’ effectively and efficiently
- Professional, positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Strong verbal and in written communication skills
- Experienced in handling multiple tasks simultaneously in emergency and stressful situations with a professional demeanor.
- Strong organizational skills to prioritize work to meet deadlines with accuracy
- Proven success in developing, interpreting, and communicating policies and procedures
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in a relevant field plus 2-5 years minimum experience in a relevant field is preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred but not required
All interested candidates submit your resume to: email@example.com Attention: COVID Admin
Lake County Government is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace the diversity of our workforce, therefore all employment decisions are on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Lake County Government
Why Work Here?
We focus our core values to be intentional by learning from our history & leveraging the expertise of a cooperative & visionary leaders