Lake County Government in Leadville, CO is seeking a full-time Recording Deputy for our Clerk and Recorder Office. This entry-level position supports the Recorder’s office in all aspects of the department, including routine administrative duties and recording documents while regularly interfacing with the public as they come into the department.
Essential Duties include:
• Perform routine clerical and public contact duties including marriage applications and licenses, land surveys and plats, liens, deeds, and other documents
• Effectively explain fees and how they are calculated, reason for rejection policies and procedures in letters to customers as required.
• Examines documents for accuracy and enforces compliance with mandates and directives that governs the processing, preserving, and indexing of documents
• Assist with general questions and complaints received in person, via mail, and over the phone
• Liaison to title companies, businesses, and attorneys in the recording of legal instruments
• Assist the public with record searches via the computer and old books and instruct in property searches
• Complete quality work amidst multiple/competing priorities and successfully meet tight deadlines.
• At least one year of experience in a service-related field familiar with local government organization and offices preferred
• Ability to remain flexible and sensitive with a straightforward professional demeanor.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills and effective listening skills to effectively interact with internal staff, citizens, and other departmental staff.
• Bilingual English/Spanish person is preferred.
• Strong MSOffice skills including Word, Excel, Outlook email. LEDS system experience desired.
• Basic math skills to compute fees and cashier duties
• Knowledge of eRecording, Recording Books, Ditch Books, Tract Index, Microfilm
• Able to use various manuals provided to seek basic information.
• Strong attention to detail with constant breaks in concentration associated with answering phones and speaking in person to staff and citizens requiring assistance.
• Able to lift 25lbs
All interested candidates submit your resume to: HR@co.lake.co.us Attention: R Deputy
Lake County Government is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace the diversity of our workforce, therefore all employment decisions are on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Lake County Government
Why Work Here?
We focus our core values to be intentional by learning from our history & leveraging the expertise of a cooperative & visionary leaders