Lake County Government in Leadville, CO is seeking an experienced Youth Services Coordinator for our Public Library. This full-time position provides leadership in library programming and outreach including selecting books, media, and other materials for the Young Adult collection and services for youth and young adults of Lake County.
Essential Duties include:
- Creating, implementing and maintaining programs and services for ages 12-18, including establishing goals and priorities for teen services.
- Cultivating online and print collections; developing long-term collection development plan for the Young Adult collection, assisting Children’s Services Supervisor with other children’s collections as needed.
- Researching and implementing innovative outreach and marketing to young adults in collaboration with schools, parent groups, and local organizations to market library services and resources.
- Promoting collections, programs and services to young adults through a variety of media such as displays, readers’ advisory materials, social media, and flyers.
- Assisting with existing children’s and family programming (eg., story time, bi-lingual story time, movie nights, STEM programming)
- Exploring and creating engaging feedback from teens to develop activities and programming that best meet their needs.
- Performing operational functions of the library such as circulation and reference services, shelving & shelf reading.
- Offering back-up support to others within the Library staff as needed.
- Some college education required. MLIS preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a public service position and excellent customer service with a focus on youth and teens.
- Availability to work some evening and weekend hours as needed.
- 1-2 years’ experience developing programming, outreach and marketing plans.
- Fluent with computer systems, including MSOffice, GSuite, and social media.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- Keeps informed of trends in literature, library services and issues affecting youth and young adults through research and professional development such as workshops, conferences, or online classes; be willing to travel to conferences and workshops (in-state and national).
Must be able to exert moderate, though not constant physical effort, typically involving some combination of stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling.
Must be able to lift, carry, push, and/or pull objects and materials of moderate weight up to 40 pounds.
Must be able to perform eye and hand dexterity movements to operate office equipment and keyboarding
All interested candidates submit your resume with cover letter to: HR@co.lake.co.us Attention: Library
Lake County Government is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace the diversity of our workforce; therefore, all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.