Lake County Government in Leadville, CO is seeking an Operator for our Public Works Department. This full-time position performs skilled labor and operations of heavy equipment for the maintenance of streets, drainage, and bridges throughout Lake County
Essential Duties and Abilities include:
- Operating trucks and equipment of various sizes and weights for loading, hauling, and unloading of equipment, materials, and supplies in accordance with safety policies & procedures.
- Operating of trucks, snowplows, and heavy equipment to keep roadways cleared during winter months and salting of roadways when appropriate by the Department Director’s instruction.
- Assisting with digging of trenches, grading roads and with other Public Works projects
- Performing daily inspections of equipment for safety, cleanliness and regularly scheduled maintenance to ensure optimum performance and longevity of company equipment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and able to read and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must have strong computer skills
- Ability to communicate to mechanics and to Supervisors regarding equipment maintenance and repairs by use of forms and electronically via a tablet
- A strong work ethic
- A clean motor vehicles record
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, drug & alcohol testing as well as random drug testing throughout employment as required by Department of Transportation
- Possess a Class A or B CDL license – or obtain within first 90 days of employment. A 46-MSHA Certification is not required but highly desired.
Able to work with power tools and various indoor and outdoor environments, including inclement weather, for extended periods of time.
Ability to frequently lift and/or carry and push/pull up to 75lbs with and without equipment assistance
All interested candidates submit your resume to: HR@co.lake.co.us Attention: PW Operator
Lake County Government is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace the diversity of our workforce; therefore, all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Lake County Government
Why Work Here?
We focus our core values to be intentional by learning from our history & leveraging the expertise of a cooperative & visionary leaders