Lake County Government in Leadville, CO is seeking a fulltime Environmental Health Administrative Assistant for our Public Health Department. This is an entry-level position that assists with the administrative duties, paperwork, and reporting of environmental health programs to ensure compliance with environmental rules and regulations and support in the prevention of health risks and the spread of disease.
Essential Duties include:
• Correspond with other government agencies, industry and public partners to collect or relay required information regarding Plan reviews, Permits, Licenses, Testing and Trainings, Applications and Special Event permits.
• Process Onsite Wastewater Treatment System (“OWTS”) and Transfer of Title (“TOT”) permits, license testing and payments. Process Retail Food licenses and Special Event Permit applications.
• Regularly write and post on Social Media site for the Public Health any relevant health-related safety risks and raise awareness of special health issues.
• Assist with general questions and complaints including investigation interviews/surveys related to food safety complaints and/or illness complaints.
• Assist with data collection for investigations related to illness outbreaks, and complete trainings related to public health and environmental health emergency preparedness and response.
• Foster teamwork and open communication among staff; participates in office meetings, team-building activities and trainings.
• Efficiently plan, schedule, and organizational with keen attention to detail and ability to complete quality work amidst multiple/competing priorities and successfully meet tight deadlines.
• At least one year of experience in a service-related field with the ability to remain flexible and sensitive with a straightforward professional demeanor.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills and effective listening skills. Bilingual English/Spanish person is preferred.
• Strong MSOffice skills including Word, Excel, email and Powerpoint.
• Proven experience in Social Media, including posts, blogs, journalizing articles
• TB test, if not current, within 30 days of starting job.
All interested candidates submit your resume to: HR@co.lake.co.us Attention: EH Admin
Lake County Government is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace the diversity of our workforce, therefore all employment decisions are on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Lake County Government
Why Work Here?
We focus our core values to be intentional by learning from our history & leveraging the expertise of a cooperative & visionary leaders