Director of Human Resources
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Title: Director of Human Resource
Full Time Exempt
Basic Functions: Human Resource Coordinator handling all personnel files and related
employment issues, payroll benefits, and insurance. Required to stay current
on all labor laws and compliance throughout the organization. Is appointed
by the President/CEO and is assigned to the Chief Financial Officer’s
Responsible to: President/CEO
Specific Responsibilities: Responsible for the administration of the SSCVA’s personnel policies.
1. Responsible for the general operations of the SSCVA including; establishing and
supervising the implementation of all formal and informal office policies and procedures,
and support staff operations.
2. Assists the President/CEO and Chief Financial Officer in all personnel matters including
reviews for annual merit increases, disciplinary actions and documentation, and preparation
3. Maintains the SSCVA’s organizational chart as developed by the President/CEO and
approved by the Board of Directors.
4. Assist in interviewing and evaluating hiring needs, in accordance with SSCVA’s policies
5. Supervise organizational relationships between all personnel and departments, including
6. Safeguards insurance policies and reviews coverage annually with CEO/ CFO. Including but
not limited to:
1. Worker’s Compensation Insurance
2. Flood Insurance
3. Property & Casualty Insurance
4. Directors & Officers Liability Insurance
5. General Liability Insurance
6. Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurances
7. Maintains Register of Insurance providing perpetual record of all insurance policies.
h. Maintains general office filing system and reference files ensuring compliance with
procedures for systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer and disposal of records
based on statutory requirements and business needs.
a. As the SSCVA’s Director of Human Resources, responsible for maintaining personnel files;
forms for handling personnel matters including but not limited to:
1. Performance reviews files
2. Emergency contact information
3. Maintain employee service records
4. Obtaining all new hire information germane to employment.
5. Maintains all documents pertaining to SSCVA’s property issued to employees along
with financial responsibility forms
6. Posting of new personnel opportunities
7. Prepare offer letters for new personnel
8. Employee policy and procedures manual review
9. Orientation of new employees
10. Insurance and benefit programs
11. Termination documentation
12. Employee discipline
13. All other related personnel issues/matters
14. Maintains all personnel files in a confidential manner.
15. Assure protection of assets through internal audit, and insurance coverage.
16. Preparation of payroll information and input. Works with the CFO to maintain
17. Prepare minutes on a timely basis and disseminate information from all staff meetings.
18. Maintain all permanent records as they relate to resolutions and meeting activities.
19. Works in and nurtures a cooperative spirit and team relationship among all Bureau
20. Manage all schedules vital to the daily operation of the SSCVA’s, including but not
a) Crisis plan implementation and drills
b) Schedule all drills to be performed by the first of the year
c) Schedule all required first aid training
b. Perform such other assigned duties and responsibilities as assigned by the President/CEO or
Chief Financial Officer.
c. The Director of Human Resources must stay current on human resource rules and regulations
and federal and state standards of employment law through attending various classes and
conferences as deemed necessary by the CFO. The Director of Human Resources must also
have a working knowledge of Bureau bylaws and standing rules, community organizations,
civic groups, political leaders and all projects in which the Bureau is involved; maintain a good
public image at all times and be able to greet and deal with public tactfully and courteously,
either over the telephone or in person.
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job; they
are intended to be reflections of the principal job elements essential for that position.
Job Requirements: Minimum of a four-year college degree required; Human Resource concentration
preferred. PHM or HRMP certifications are a plus but not required. Minimum three
years convention bureau or association related experience preferred. This position
will require strong skills in oral and written communications. Strong personal
integrity, impeccable professional and personal reputation, and strong work ethic;
Strong leadership and supervisory skills; People-oriented skills a must.
Lake County Convention and Visitors Bureau
Get fresh HR Director jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.