Construction Project Coordinator - Facilities
Laitram LLC Hammond, LA
- Posted: over a month ago
Corporate Facilities’ mission is to provide and maintainsafe, clean, and efficient facilities that meet the needs of each Laitramdivision and deliver significant, long-term economic value. We are committed to supporting our customers,consolidating systems knowledge common to all divisions, and rigorouslyimplementing our culture of continuous improvement. The Projects Team handles complex,integrated, MEP intensive renovation, construction or process improvementprojects designed with highly effective solutions focused on efficiencies,logistics and total cost of ownership.
The Construction Project Coordinator - Facilities will organize, direct and manage CampusSmalls jobs (construction and relocation projects) involving multipledepartments, and provide support for tasks associated with Key StrategicProjects managed by the Facilities Team. The ideal candidate for this position must have commercial or industrial constructionmanagement experience, beable to problem-solve and troubleshoot issues in a timely manner, workalongside Projects Team members to complete tasks on schedule, track resourcesutilized within a project to ensure accurate results, verify and approve invoicepayments, and maintain excellent verbal and written communications with Team membersand external resources. This positioncoordinates directly with Project Managers, Maintenance Supervisors and Leadsto complete projects utilizing internal team and external vendorresources. Thisrole will primarily support projects at our campus in Hammond, LA, and offersecondary support for projects at our Harahan, LA, campus. Note: Onboarding and training will take placein Harahan, then the position will be based in Hammond.
Laitram, L.L.C, a global company, offers an unparalleled opportunity for those who want to work for an established, yet growing company in the private sector. We offer opportunities for continuous improvement, and career advancement. To learn more about our company culture, philosophy, and benefits, please visit our Careers website.
- Manages Campus Smalls jobs and assigned tasksassociated with Key Strategic projects.
- Serves as point of contact for internalrequestors and external vendors to gather information and answer questionsrelated to assigned jobs and projects. Executesdefined project scope.
- Utilizes construction experience to support adherenceto IBC, NFPA and all parish/city/state codes and ordinances.
- Supports Project Managers, Maintenance Leads,contractors, and vendors in means and methods to construction, to design andrecommend project details.
- Oversees construction projects through sitevisits, focused on quality, safety, and compliance with design.
- Coordinates with Maintenance Supervisor andLead for project work related to campus repair and operations.
- Coordinates pre-submittal, kick-off andpost-mortem job meetings. Creates schedules and deadlines for assigned jobs andprojects. Oversees progress, tracksmilestones and ensures timely and successful completion.
- Identifies and troubleshoots problems. Brings attention to challenges or roadblockswhen they occur. Researches options and seeks approval required for substantivechanges or decision points.
- Obtains quotations, reviews proposals, ordersmaterials, reviews invoices, and requests invoice payment.
- Works within Facilities asset managementsystem, Nuvolo, to track project progress, prioritize tasks, maintaindocumentation, and direct workflow.
- Creates or updates agendas, presentations,spreadsheets, and documents to be reviewed by management.
- Oversees and/or coordinates final completionof outstanding punchlist items. Coordinatesmoves for final occupancy and project completion. Completes end-of-job audit and closeout tasksin Nuvolo.
- Serves as back up to other Facilities Teammembers, as needed.
- Other ad-hoc duties, as assigned.
- Works overtime or weekends, as needed - it is essential that this position be performed at the facility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture,Construction Management, Engineering, or equivalent.
- 2-5 years’ experience in construction projectoversight. Previous work with campus orfacilities preferred.
- Advancedknowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Musthave a customer service focus and the ability to work with cross functionalteams.
- Projectbudgeting, planning and organizational skills required.
- Excellentwritten and verbal communication skills required. Mustbe a critical thinker.
- Previousexperience working with middle & senior management while performing tasksin strict confidentiality, handling duties & information in a discrete,professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multipletasks, prioritize accordingly, work under the pressure of deadlines, andsuccessfully navigate a fast-paced environment.
- Ability and willingness to learn anyprograms, applications or skills required to excel in this role.
- Commitment to continuous improvement. Reliable, dependable, self-motivated, andself-managed.
- Ability to work in a team-based environmentand effectively communicate with individuals at all levels.
- Advancedknowledge of SharePoint preferred. Experience with Oracle preferred.
- Intermediateknowledge of MS Project preferred.
- Experience with Service Now/Nuvolo, Oracle, Procore and/or drafting (AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, Photoshop) a plus.
ConstructionView all jobs at Laitram LLC