Laird & Company Eatontown, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Role and Responsibilities
- Checking proof, clarity, and color of products as they are being made in the processing department.
- Taking production line samples and proofing them to ensure that the product meets specifications set by the TTB.
- Inspecting fill heights to confirm that the amount of product in each bottle meets the specifications set by the TTB.
- Performing laboratory distillations on cordials to obtain a sample of alcohol for proofing.
- Performing dish obscurations to determine the obscuration in certain products.
- Performing calculations to determine amounts of water and caramel color necessary to bring a product to the final desired proof and color.
- Logging bulk receipt samples and final retain samples.
- Frequently using the following equipment to accomplish tasks: Anton Paar DMA 5000 M, Turbidimeter, Spectrophotometer, Analytical Balance, pH Meter, Conductivity Meter, and laboratory distillation set-up.
- Aid in the development of new products.
- ISO 9001 management and compliance.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Food Science, or some related field
- Past laboratory experience
- Past experience in quality management is preferred
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of standard laboratory practices and GMP's
- Perform well under pressure while demonstrating flexibility in handling modified workloads to support the everchanging of business needs.
- Team player
- Strong attention to detail
Laird & CompanyWhy Work Here?
The oldest distillers in America, still operating today as a small family business with great benefits and ample room to grow.
1 Laird RoadEatontown, NJ
HealthcareView all jobs at Laird & Company