JOB TITLE: Park Operations Manager, Full Time
REPORTS TO: Regional Manager
DEPARTMENT: General Business Operations
PRIMARY WORK LOCATIONS:
Lago Mar Lagoon
3240 Lago Mar Blvd, La Marque, TX (Houston)
15808 Crystal Terrace Drive, Humble, TX
TRAVEL: Required travel to lagoon locations for training purposes
WORKING DAYS: Weekends, Holidays, Nights, Inclement Weather Required
BENEFITS AND ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION: Paid time off, Bonuses, Insurance Stipend
This position requires acute attention to details, sense of urgency, extreme empathy, human relation skills, conflict resolution abilities, excellent judgment, superior service, and safety standards
This position is a job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Park Operations Manager leads the logistics and maintenance teams within the facility, overseeing all day-to-day general park operations. This position has the overall responsibility for
Lagoon management by ensuring guest satisfaction, promoting a positive employee experience and maintaining Lagoon Funatics brand standards while improving operational efficiency and guest experience.
MAJOR AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Maintain strict inventory control of all capital, serial numbers, costs, maintenance deadlines
• Sets Standards and Procedures for all operational areas, including setting the culture of safety, service, and profitability for the facilities within the Lagoon Funatics organization
• Work with project sponsors and stakeholders to complete projects outline scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget, and training
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION (included, but not limited to)
• Lead, manage, plan, direct, and control all operational aspects of Amenities (Land Area)
Maintenance and Repair, Development, Safety, Security, Park Services & Attractions
• Supervise employees and allocate resources to ensure Guest safety and service
P a g e | 2
• Manage the Guest’s Safety and security of the park, including ensuring that all proper safety protocols are documented and followed
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Broad knowledge and experience in:
• Training, development, coaching, and corrective action for business development
• Blend of experience in both corporate chain and independently owned concepts
• Work independently to lead from concept to execution
Excellent skills in:
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to clearly articulate directions and meet expectations to staff and management
• Ability to make decisions and take responsibility for them
Demonstrated ability to:
• Foster – an environment of superior quality Guest Services
• Follow – Enforce – the full compliance with all EAPs
• Uphold company standards of excellence and service, guaranteeing quality performance
General knowledge of:
• Basic technical aptitude and computer literacy to include the ability to operate point-to- sale software
• Safety rules and regulations
• Must have the ability to follow directions and communicate in English verbally and writing. Employee must be able to read and understand materials printed in English
• Must demonstrate superior customer service skills with the ability to problem solve
• Ability to make judgments with respect to confidentiality of information and problem solving.
• Employee must use good safety judgment and awareness in all aspects of the position
• Must have a knack for queueing (expediting line time) and crowd control
• Must be able to read blueprints, schematics and general construction drawings
• Impeccable discernment
EDUACATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Degree or equivalent experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Construction, or Logistics related fields,
Technology or Hospitality Management
Years of Experience: 5 years (Preferred) or equivalent combination of education/experience
P a g e | 3
Specialized training in:
• Amusement/theme park tourist-based entertainment venue
• Engineering and/or project management experience in multi-million-dollar projects
• Experience, knowledge, and understanding of electro-mechanical equipment
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle and/or feel.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The vision abilities required to perform this job include close vision.
The employee, on occasion, will be required:
• To walk and/or stand for long periods of time
• Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to swim and tread water for 2 minutes
• Work outdoors in various temperatures including excessive heat and precipitation
• May be exposed to a variety of communicable diseases to include exposure to potential of blood borne pathogens in many settings and areas.
Employee must use good safety awareness and judgment in all aspects of this position.
• General work area is outdoors in various temperatures including excessive heat and precipitation
• Employee may be exposed to a variety of communicable diseases to include exposure to potential of blood borne pathogens in many settings and area
All staff within Lagoon FUNatics organization are REQUIRED TO KNOW, FOLLOW, AND UPHOLD ALL
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS.
NOTE: The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty. There will be many instances where the team member is expected to perform other duties not included in any descriptions, duties, or responsibilities and it should be understood by such that those instances are still included.
Job Type: Full-time
About Balmoral Lagoon
Texas’ first man-made, crystalline lagoon can be found within the Balmoral Community, a beach lifestyle and event venue like none other. Part of the 8-acre Balmoral Amenity Village, this tropical lagoon is framed with white sandy beaches and lush landscaping. Anchoring the lagoon is a sprawling Castle Hall clubhouse that offers 7,500 square feet of imagination. Fully equipped for weddings, corporate events, birthdays and anniversaries, the sky is the limit when it comes to throwing an unforgettable event and creating excitement for our residents and their guests!
Lago Mar Lagoon: SPRING 2020 - LAGO MAR LAGOON in Texas City!