Mortgage Loan Officer
- Medical , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
*ONLY HIRING IN DC, MARYLAND AND VIRGINIA*
Welcome to Lafayette Federal Credit Union Careers! Our organization is growing, and we are seeking top-notch individuals to provide support to our members. Our employees are a critical component in in our endeavor to be the premier financial partner for every one of our members.
- Are you a Mortgage and/or sales professional who is ready to succeed in a conducive yet face-paced work environment with a pool of leads at your fingertips? Looking for competitive compensation structures and endless sales opportunities?
If you are and have the credentials we're looking for, you may be our next Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO). This is a truly unique opportunity offers a competitive commission plan and excellent benefits!
Our Difference : What makes Lafayette Federal cutting-edge ? Lafayette Federal Credit Union is not only a great place to bank, but also a great place to work! We have been recognized nationally by (1) Newsweek's America's Best Bank's list, (2) we've received a 5-star rating from Bauer financial, and (3) we've also ranked #12 in S&P Global' s Top Performing Credit Union's in 2022 for the second year in a row!
Our Culture: Lafayette Federal is about inclusion, diversity, high performance, and new opportunities. Teamwork and our sense of community also make Lafayette Federal a great place to work. Each person is valued for his or her unique set of skills. We share a common devotion to the people we serve, participating in charity events throughout each year and giving back to the community.
Our Opportunities: Professional development, training, and certification is a priority for our employees. We want you to reach your career goals and provide support that leads to opportunities of advancement within the industry.
A day in the life of a Mortgage Loan Officer will include:
- Proactively solicit new residential mortgage business and sell our mortgage products to meet established loan quality and ongoing production goals.
- Develop and maintain a quality network of business relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities.
- Conducts interviews with prospective borrowers in order to determine the appropriate lending product that meets their needs. Reviews initial application submission, i.e. income assets and credit for accuracy and completeness. Analyzes financial and credit data, determines financing objectives and advises borrowers of product/pricing policies and guidelines. Informs borrower of lending process and provides applicable contact information of lending staff.
Lafayette Federal offers an array of mortgage loan products, including fixed and adjustable rate mortgages, FHA and VA loans, jumbo loans, refinancing options, renovation loans and relocation programs. What sets us apart as a lender of choice is our ability to offer dependable services that meet our members' needs. With finance options designed to meet the financial needs of our borrowers such as products that do not require PMI and offer up to 95% financing, No Closing Costs options, Lender Credits, a First Time Homebuyer program offering up to 97% LTV and many more, our MLOs have all the tools they need to succeed. With our ability to lend anywhere in the United States and a no hassle membership field, your success can begin immediately. We also provide you with a full range of technology solutions and resources to get the job done.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Three to Five years of experience locally (DC, MARYLAND, AND VIRGINIA) and currently employed in the mortgage industry
- Active relationships with referral partners and an existing customer database is preferred
- Experience originating FHA/VA/USDA loans is preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel and other applications.
Top benefits or perks:
Joining Lafayette Federal comes with perks to support you in your personal and professional journey.
We provide employees with a generous benefits package including:
- Employer paid (99.9%) health insurance premium for single and family coverage (HMO Plan)
- Fully funded deductible (HMO Plan)
- 401k employer matching contribution
- Income protection with life insurance, short and long-term disability
- Paid time off & holiday leave
- Educational assistance
- Commuter benefits program and more !
We are headquartered in the heart of Rockville, MD where career growth meets urban vitality. Experience the perfect balance of professional opportunity and a lively community, creating a unique environment for success and fulfillment.
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It is not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
*Lafayette Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
Lafayette Federal Credit UnionRockville, MD
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.