Aggregate Industries operates seven regional construction materials businesses in the United States. The core business of producing crushed stone and sand & gravel is enhanced by downstream operations that produce ready mixed concrete, asphalt, and concrete products. In addition, recycling, liquid asphalt, soil remediation and retailing businesses are also in operation, creating true, vertically integrated divisions.
Our regional businesses participate in all sectors of the construction industry, supplying aggregates-based materials and contracting services to a wide range of projects including large, publicly financed infrastructure projects, commercial, and residential developments.
Aggregate Industries places a high priority on attracting quality people and retaining them by providing competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a safe, respectful work environment. We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development for all employees, while seeking to develop a spirit of teamwork where individuals work together to attain a common goal. Whenever possible, we promote qualified employees to new or vacated positions, providing for a multitude of growth opportunities.
Responsible for maintaining the mobile equipment fleet in a state readiness, including heavy construction, automotive equipment, mechanical equipment and machinery.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting equipment failures.
- Provide repair and maintenance to diesel and gasoline engines.
- Diagnose, adjust and repair ignition, fuel, electrical, hydraulic and steering systems.
- Maintain and repair chassis, frames and bodies.
- Work with hoisting and jacking equipment, power tools, measuring instruments, gauges and meters.
- Lubricate equipment.
- Maintain and repair tires, batteries, brakes and valves.
- Performs DOT Vehicle Safety Inspections and documentation per DOT requirements.
- Performs inspections on completed jobs; ensures conformance with policies and procedures, safety codes.
- Ensures proper documentation of maintenance and repair activities in logs and/or incident reports.
- Maintain an effective system of communications with supervisors and customers
- Adheres to all company safety policies and procedures.
- Completes work orders and safety documentation in a timely manner.
- Performs the appropriate shop equipment inspections, repairs, preventative maintenance for mobile equipment.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on mobile equipment including handling welding repairs.
- Conducts routine inspections of mobile equipment and reports findings to supervisor.
- Performs repairs and maintenance as required on processing equipment. Maintains shop equipment, tools, vehicle, etc.
- Capable to manage multiple tasks at once.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- 2 year degree in diesel repair or 3 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities (diesel engines & software)
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License preferred
- MN DOT Commercial Motor Vehicle Inspector Certification (or be able to obtain).