Lattimore Materials Corp is recruiting for a full time Diesel Mechanic for the Dallas, TX shop. This position will provide preventive maintenance and repair of heavy construction, automotive equipment, mechanical equipment and machinery.
LMC offers competitive pay, benefits (medical, dental, vision, disability, 401k), 40 hour weekly pay guarantee and a monthly bonus.
$1500 Retention Bonus!!
As directed and guided by the Maintenance Supervisor, the responsibilities of the position include the following;
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting equipment failures. Provide repair and maintenance to diesel and gasoline engines. Adjust and repair ignition, fuel, electrical, hydraulic and steering systems. Maintain and repair chassis, frames and bodies. Work with hoisting and jacking equipment, power tools, measuring instruments, gauges and meters. Lubricate equipment. Maintain and repair tires, batteries, brakes and valves. Perform shop management functions such as maintenance scheduling and spare parts inventory control; making estimates of material, labor, and equipment requirements.
- Performs inspections on completed jobs; ensures conformance with policies and procedures, safety codes. Ensures proper documentation of maintenance and repair activities in logs and/or incident reports.
- Maintain an effective system of communications with supervisors and customers.
- Other duties as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- 3 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities (Cummins engines & software)
- Class B Commercial Driver’s License preferred