Ladybug & Friends Daycare and Preschool (LFDP) is a full-day early childhood program serving children 6 weeks old through 5 years old.
**MUST meet requirements to apply**
- 60 college semester hours with 6 semester hours in Child Development or Early Childhood Education AND
- 1 year of full-time work experience in a licensed childcare or preschool program and 30 college semester hours with 6 semester hours in Child Development or Early Childhood Education
- Commitment to professionalism
- Dependability and maturity
Job responsibilities include:
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment for children in accordance to The Department of Children and Family Services’ (DCFS) regulations and LFDP’s internal policies and practices.
- Create a classroom environment in accordance to the program’s goals and philosophy.
- Follow the LFDP’s curriculum guidelines.
- Provide opportunities for children to develop emotionally, socially, cognitively, linguistically, physically, and creatively.
- Respond developmentally appropriate to the children’s needs and behavior.
- Model positive behavior.
- Conduct continuous assessment of children’s development though daily observations and bi-annual developmental screenings.
- Report progress of children to parents in bi-annual parent-teacher conferences.
- Establish and maintain daily open communication and cooperative relationships with each child’s family.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with colleagues.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in individual reflective supervision meetings.
- Continue professional development through attending workshops, conferences, and other staff development (a minimum of 15 hours annually).
- Supervise assistants, aides, and volunteers in the classroom.
- Keep all appropriate records such as accident reports, attendance and time sheets, written observations of children, and anecdotal notes.
- Meet all applicable licensing regulations and follow the LFDP’s policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director.
Compensation and Benefits
About Ladybug and Friends Daycare and Preschool:
We believe that children thrive in an environment which values the uniqueness of each child and provides support and opportunities to grow emotionally, socially, cognitively, physically, linguistically, and creatively.
By building on each child’s strengths, interests, curiosity, and desire to learn, we encourage and guide each child to explore, to develop new abilities, and to form close and secure relationships.
Through our developmentally appropriate curriculum and with the support of a highly qualified team, we are committed to engage children in active and meaningful learning to achieve the following goals:
Foster positive self-identity and a sense of emotional well-being
Develop social skills and knowledge
Encourage children to think, reason, question, and experiment
Promote language and literacy development
Encourage creative expression and appreciation for the arts
Enhance physical development and skills
Demonstrate and encourage sound health, safety, and nutritional practices
Foster respect for cultural diversity
We consider healthy nutrition, proper rest, and respectful behavior essential for learning and development. When children receive proper nutrition and rest and interact respectfully with teachers and peers, their ability to engage in play and learning activities expands and their social relationships flourish.
At LFDP, we embrace the qualities of our community and incorporate them into our learning environment.