Software Engineer II
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client is looking for a Software Engineer II who will be a pivotal member of our client's Engineering team, contributing to the delivery of high impact product feature launches on their platform while leveraging their cutting-edge tech stack.
The Software Engineer will work closely with their Product and Design teams to understand the core problems faced by their nonprofit users and help build impactful solutions for these problems. You would bring a collaborative approach to problem solving, pairing actively with the rest of the Engineering team on complex technical challenges including but not limited to architecture design, vendor software evaluation and infrastructure improvements.
The ideal candidate has hands-on experience building end to end technology solutions through pragmatic means. You are able to contribute to technology discussions and use your experience with a variety of tools and technologies to provide valuable inputs which results in the maximum impact to their product and their users. You are able to participate in discussions around new architectures, infrastructure and tech debt and provide relevant details to aid in the prioritization of these aspects as part of the product roadmap.
This role has a direct impact on their nonprofit users, enabling them to utilize the true power of our client's platform in a seamless manner and at the same time, playing a key role in helping nonprofits strengthen their operations, scale their impact, and communicate their work to their supporters and communities.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will be an early and crucial contributor to our client's growing Engineering team.Tech Stack
Our client does not hire for expertise in any specific technology, but rather for an ability and curiosity to learn and for those who keep up to speed with the latest practices and patterns that bring a competitive advantage.
That said, our client's current application stack consists of: Typescript node GraphQL APIs, Typescript ReactJS single-page web applications, and design components based off of Material UI and optimized for accessibility. They leverage several cloud based platforms that power core features of their platform and their user experience (Stripe, Auth0, Mailgun, Contentful, etc). Their infrastructure is on Heroku and they practice continuous testing and deployment, often deploying several times a day.Qualifications
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Experience in multiple languages, backend and frontend frameworks
- Experience with testing practices and frameworks
- Advanced API design and implementation skills
- Advanced database design and migrations skills
- Experience with building integrations with CRMs, payment gateways and authentication frameworks a plus
- Infrastructure, security, and SRE experience or exposure a plus
- Product and customer oriented approach to problem solving
- Pragmatic and curious engineer who is a self-starter
- Motivated and comfortable with ambiguity in a fast paced startup environment
- Strong bias for action
- Passion, humility, humor, integrity, positive attitude, and mission-driven
Lady Bird Talent
AddressNew Orleans, LA
TechnologyView all jobs at Lady Bird Talent