Senior Engineering Project Manager
Lactalis North America is currently seeking candidates to join our Engineering team in Belmont, WI.
Lactalis Group, the world leader in dairy, is a family-owned business with more than 85,000 pragmatic and ambitious professionals worldwide, committed to providing healthy and delicious dairy products that bring people together every day. At Lactalis, our core values of AMBITION, ENGAGEMENT, and SIMPLICITY are at the heart of everything we do.
If you’re looking for a unique experience with a company that offers strong brands, professional expertise, and a dynamic work environment that champions entrepreneurial spirt, hands-on responsibility and real opportunity for career development, we want to hear from you!
At Lactalis USA we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace and we know that our candidates come from many different backgrounds, cultures, and experiences. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job posting, we still encourage you to apply and share with us your STORY, your PASSION, and your EXPERTISE! You may be just the perfect candidate for this or other roles within our company.
From your PASSION to ours
Managing capital expenditures and processing projects for the location. Provide leadership to recommend, plan and implement a wide variety of projects which support the company. Responsible for the preparation of overall programs and process direction to provide productivity and quality improvements in the operational efficiencies of plant operations, including optimum use of facilities and equipment layout, operations analysis for continuous improvement, product quality, labor engineering and budgeting. Travel may be required to other Lactalis plants based in NY, WI, CA, & ID.
From your EXPERTISE to ours
Key responsibilities for this position include:
· Participates in development and analyzing operating and capital budget, goals, and objectives of the department and works toward meeting and/or exceeding these expectations
· Reviews on-going project plans to assure compliance with schedule, cost, and quality of projects
· Plans and manages projects to ensure efficient production methods and flow, optimum utilization of space and equipment
· Works with Plant Director, maintenance, quality assurance, safety, and other departments to ensure projects undertaken are consistent with plant needs and requirements
· Displays a broad knowledge in dairy, equipment, and processes; continually updates knowledge to stay current on developments
· Participates actively as a member of the plant management team; provides necessary support for other plant functions/activities as determined by manager
· Demonstrates professionalism in all aspects of plant’s rules and regulations and encourages quality personnel performance
· Develops and maintains positive relationships with purchasing, suppliers, and vendors regarding equipment and supplies
· Performs design work including researching data, feasibility and economic studies, and determining design criteria in accordance with required standards for assigned projects
· Maintains accurate and up-to-date project files and drawing, and identifying and corrective safety, ergonomic and operational problems through proper design of equipment
· Reads, analyze, and interprets a variety of instructions, manuals, and procedures in written, oral, diagram, and schedule form
· Performs administrative duties in an accurate, timely, and professional manner (phone calls, voice mail, paperwork, meetings)
· Applies any environmental regulations and ensure they are respected
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.Requirements:
From your STORY to ours
Qualified applicants will contribute the following:
· Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related field of study is required – master’s degree preferred
· 5-7 years of experience in managing complex projects and installations is required
· Prior food industry project management experience is required – dairy industry is preferred
· Stable and dependable work history is required
· Agri-food industry technology and processes, project or product engineering in food or dairy processing plant, knowledge of main dairy process equipment (HTST, separator, membrane systems, mechanical, electrical and control systems associated) and FDA and USDA regulations
· Familiar with the following trades: Mechanical, Electrical, Automation, Utilities, and Construction
· Computer Skills: including but not limited to Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.
The ideal candidate will be proactive and dynamic, flexible and receptive to new ideas, down to earth and pragmatic, analytical and attentive to detail. He or she will also be capable of working independently in adherence to regulations, of managing stress and remaining calm under pressure, and be able to demonstrate an inquiring mind and well-developed observational skills. Will demonstrate a sense of responsibility and high professional standards, honesty and integrity, and objectivity. Personal qualities of tack, dependability and ability to work well with others. Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as organizational skills. Ability to work in a team setting. Possess values of ambition and engagement, with simplicity.
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.