Lactalis North America is currently seeking candidates to join our Fresh Mozzarella Department team in Nampa, ID.
Lactalis Group, the world leader in dairy, is a family-owned business with more than 85,000 pragmatic and ambitious professionals worldwide, committed to providing healthy and delicious dairy products that bring people together every day. At Lactalis, our core values of AMBITION, ENGAGEMENT, and SIMPLICITY are at the heart of everything we do.
If you are looking for a unique experience with a company that offers strong brands, professional expertise, and a dynamic work environment that champions entrepreneurial spirt, hands-on responsibility and real opportunity for career development, we want to hear from you!
Lactalis North America: inviting you to share with us your STORY, your PASSION, and your EXPERTISE.
From your PASSION to ours
The Production Planner/Scheduler is responsible for planning the production of assigned products with the objective of maintaining established finished goods level, meeting customer service goals and efficiently utilizing manufacturing. The ideal candidate will be proactive and dynamic, flexible, and receptive to innovative ideas, down to earth and pragmatic, analytical and attentive to detail. He or she will also be capable of working independently in adherence to regulations, of managing stress and remaining calm under pressure, and be able to demonstrate an inquiring mind and well-developed observational skills. Will demonstrate a sense of responsibility and high professional standards, honesty and integrity, and objectivity. Possess values of ambition and engagement, with simplicity.
- Production schedule optimization (initial publication, communication to planner and adjustments as needed daily.
- Review packaging material situation (film, boxes) with purchasing team weekly to ensure no shortages for current or upcoming week; complete as needed and in response to unexpected events.
- Attend and conduct employee interviews with HR in front of String for GL needs and eventually operators when enough experience has been gained.
- Complete weekly EE scheduling for packaging and production side. Arrange coverage for call-ins on daily basis (alongside supervisor on shift.
- Hourly employee payroll completion through Kronos – daily for previous day
- Complete payroll and review employee hours cross-charged to String daily/weekly to ensure accuracy.
- Work with the plant to ensure coverage for String as needed.
- Attend weekly plant coverage meetings.
- Provide help to other areas as needed.
- Daily FP reconciliation between PRISM and paperwork to ensure correct lbs. of FP produced are going into daily mass balance.
- Employee training - organize with HR + notifying employees. Follow up and adjust as needed.
- Daily/Weekly reports to include but not limited to waste, peel, give/away, recook generation/use etc.
- Analysis of results in office and on the floor to understand and recommend improvements.
- Daily follow up on peeling and repack plan with the team; make adjustment and communication as needed.
- Daily gathering and organization of paperwork for management review.
- Review of chemistry results inside the ZD to ensure they are sensible and correct by the lab (F/P ratio and FP analysis) and take necessary actions if issues are detected.
- Improvement projects as needed.
- Attend daily technical meetings and share requested results: daily form for yesterday, plan for today, scheduling issues, recook labor, packaging shortages etc.
- Follow all company safety, food safety and quality rules and guidelines.
From your STORY to ours
Qualified applicants will contribute the following:
- Associate degree or higher is desired.
- Previous experience in food manufacturing and planning.
- Excel – Advanced Level with previous experience in spreadsheet development.
- PRISM + Kronos – previous experience is highly desired.
Skills / Abilities
- Bi-lingual: English + Spanish is a huge plus.
- Excellent communicator
- Team player – works well with cross-functional team on the floor and in meeting environment: production, quality, planning, HR, safety etc.
- Dependable, well organized, and efficient – meeting deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
ManufacturingView All Lactalis Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.