Quality Lab Technician (Nights) - generous shift differentials
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
Lactalis US Yogurt - Casa Grande
Why work for Lactalis US Yogurt
With an outstanding work environment, work/life balance, vast developmental opportunities, and a top-notch benefit package, we empower employees with a culture of excellence. If you are ready to combine ambition and engagement with simplicity, then come join a winning team!
Join a global leader that is a third-generation, family-owned company that is passionate about bringing the world’s best dairy products to family tables. We understand the power of food to connect people, unite cultures, and enrich daily life. The Lactalis U.S. Yogurt Group offers your favorite yogurts like Stonyfield Organic®, siggi’s®, Brown Cow™ and Green Mountain®. Our customers demand high quality, so we are always looking for people who enjoy a challenge, make things happen and get results!
The Quality Technician role is responsible for performing each essential job duty satisfactorily in a fast-paced moving environment at the Commonwealth Dairy facility in Casa Grande, AZ. This position is part of a cohesive team, needs someone who can multi-task, pays close attention to detail and is motivated.
- Working in the QA laboratory and manufacturing plant of a fast-paced dairy manufacturing facility.
- Performs and documents testing of materials and finished products.
- Performs microbiological analysis of raw materials and finished products.
- Responsible for hold/release/rejection of in-process and finished goods.
- Performs physical and chemical analysis of raw materials and manufactured products.
- Verifies compliance and alerts QA Supervisor and/or Manager of any deviations from approved product specifications.
- Performs in plant weight checks, temperature checks, ingredient usage and distribution, finished product appearance, code date verification, pH testing and x-ray verification.
- Responsible for daily finished product evaluations.
- Performs sensory evaluation of raw material and finished products
- Performs environmental testing.
- Wears Company appropriate laboratory and safety gear as required.
- Performs related duties as assigned by QA Manager or Supervisor on duty.
- Minimum of High School diploma, GED, or 3-6 months of related training and/or experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and analysis.
- Experience working in a “clean” environment, utilizing aseptic methodologies, and performing bacteriological culture and laboratory analyses a plus.
- Ability to understand and follow company policies, standards, and specifications.
- Ability to understand, operate, and interpret results derived through typical laboratory testing procedures.
- Communicate effectively and accurately, both verbally and in writing.
- Take direction and follow instructions accurately.
- Work well with peers and supervisors in team process.
- Proficient in Word and Excel and job related software applications. Experience with SAP a plus.
- Must be able to routinely lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must work comfortably in variable temperature environments.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to stoop and reach on a regular basis.
- Must be comfortable working in multi-task, deadline and customer driven work environment.
EEO: Commonwealth Dairy, part of Lactalis US Yogurt, is an equal employment opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants with regard to any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disability.
Stonyfield Organic®, siggi’s®, Brown CowTM and Green Mountain® are brands of Lactalis US Companies. Lactalis Group is the #1 dairy company in the world with over 85,000 employees in 94 countries. The company has not forgotten the mission of its founder and remains committed to offering high-quality and delicious dairy products that bring families together around the world. At Lactalis US, we use local milk at each of our production facilities to make the products you know and love. We approach our work with an entrepreneurial spirit and love of dairy akin to the spirit of our founder.
Our company is an authentic community that takes care of us, we take care of one another, and together we work for the health and well-being of others. Our community offers unique opportunities that you will not find anywhere else. We welcome you into our community with open arms and a whole lot of delicious dairy!
Lactalis US Yogurt
1285 W. Gila Bend HighwayCasa Grande, AZ
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?