LabCorp (NYSE: LH), an S&P 500 company, is a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to improve the delivery of care. LabCorp reported net revenues of over $10 billion in 2017.
- Performs laboratory tests and analyses according to established procedures in designated technical department.
- Responsible for patient specimens (blood, urine, fluids) from receipt in the lab, through preparation and processing, and ultimately through data analysis and result interpretation
- Perform sample testing analysis, proficiency testing analysis, quality control assessment, sample integrity assessment, and final review for reporting tests results
- Using both automated and manual analytical methods to perform daily job duties
- Troubleshoot issues and complete corrective action to ensure all laboratory operations are at acceptable levels
- Sample sorting racking and retrieving, both electronically and manually
- Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Requires a Medical Technologist Degree or equivalent, and city/state licenses or permits to qualify as a Technologist w/1-3 years' experience in a Clinical Laboratory.
- Experience as a Medical Technologist/Technician is preferred
- Knowledge of laboratory operations as well as policies and procedures
- ASCP Certification is a plus
- Familiarity with laboratory information systems (LIS) are a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Continuous education training on a yearly basis
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.