Job Title: CNC PROGRAMMER
Department: CNC Machining Department
Performs necessary duties to program Tsugami and Star Swiss Screw Machines with Fanuc style
controls in a safe, clean, and productive environment.
Must have knowledge of Star and Tsugami Swiss Screw Machines.
CNC Programmer, CNC Setup, Manufacturing Process Development.
Studying drawings and/or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work
pieces, setup requirements.Measuring, marking, and scribing dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as
guides for machining.
Selecting, aligning, and securing holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and
materials on Swiss Screw machines.
Observe part inspections to detect cutting or machining issues and provide guidance in
adjustments at the machine control.
Observe setups during trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control
Completing First Article and working on New Part Introduction processes.
Conferring with engineers, machinists, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
Fulfill any other tasks as requested and assigned by management.To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Experience and Training*
• Minimum of 5 years of CNC programming experience;
• Experienced with Star and Tsugami Swiss Screw Machines. Experience with Haas mills a
• Have experience with low and high-volume production.
• Have knowledge of shop arithmetic, GD&T, and blueprint features;
• Have skills to use precision measuring tools, and knowledge of machining methods, cutting
tools, and overall manufacturing experience;
• Demonstrate independent decision-making skills on daily production tasks
Specific knowledge related to Nitinol, titanium and stainless-steel metals.
Experience with ISO and other QC programs.
HS Diploma or GED required.
Associate degree and/or certificate in machining desired.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Must be able have an advanced understanding of blueprints and written and verbal
- Able to program simple parts at the control.
- Basic understanding of Fanuc Macro’s
- Must have keen knowledge of general shop mathematics.
- Must possess advanced mechanical aptitude skills.
- Must be able to set-up and operate multi Axis CNC with advanced level of complexity
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum 5+ years experience running Fanuc control style Star & Tsugami Swiss Screw
Machines and Haas mill machines.
Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Medical Device including ISO 13485 or ISO 9001 experience a plus