Quality Engineer Mechanical
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Quality Engineer will lead the quality management from inception to production launch and throughout production cycle according to ISO/IATF 16949 quality standards. In this position the individual will have technical leadership and will be ensuring the quality management system performance is evaluated, and areas that need improvement throughout the process. This person should have commitment to excellence be a good trainer and communicator. Also, strong leadership skills are necessary. Good knowledge and expertise in the metal stamping and fabrication industry are critical. The Quality Engineer will also be responsible to manage the organization’s customer focus and response to customer related quality issues and subsequent internal corrective actions.
- Responsible for the PPAP’s, FAI’s, Control Plans, Process Capabilities Studies, GR&R and FMEA’s as part of APQP’s and NPI’s processes.
- Responsible for originating and implementing inspection procedures and plans.
- Directing customer liaison on quality matters involving company products
- Receiving direct communications relating to quality problems from customer, purchasing, engineering, quality, customer service and sales personnel.
- Assisting Quality Manager’s in answering to the customer complaints, QR’s, CAR’s, 8D reports within specified time frame.
- Reviewing and initiating RMA, MR’s and Nonconformance Reports via UniPoint.
- Implementing and assuring proper corrective action.
- Implementing and assuring proper material dispositions and initiating material review board actions if necessary.
- Requesting Design and Manufacturing Engineering assistance if necessary.
- Assuring incoming, in-process and outgoing quality.
- Responsible for creation and handling of Non-Conformance Reports, Disposition of Nonconformance Materials/Products/Parts and Recording Cost or Poor Quality via UniPoint.
- Initiation of Quality Warnings/Alerts, Product Deviations or Waivers. Follow up with customers to ensure acceptance/approval of Product Deviations or Waivers.
- Initiating required layouts. Responsible for inspection activities.
- Administering necessary follow up on historical problems. Notifying management of critical problem areas.
- Initiate CAR’s and 8D’s to supplier and ensure it is completion.
- Surveying appropriate potential suppliers for quality capability.
- 4-year college degree in Engineering
- Experience with Metal Stamping and/or Fabrication must
- Quality Engineering experience including: Statistical Process Control (SPC), DOE, CAPA, LEAN, 5S’s and Six Sigma (6 σ)
- Strong customer interface experience.
- Ability to lead, mentor, coach and manage quality team
- Successful experience managing multiple quality engineering projects
Labor Solutions ProfessionalWhy Work Here?
Our employees have the opportunity to inspire excellence and work with a fun team that strives every day to make a difference.
Labor Solutions Professional is a leader in the professional, temporary, and direct hire industry. Our clients range from individual entrepreneurs to large corporations, and while we are big enough to serve Fortune 100 companies, we are small enough to stay nimble in an always-changing market. Thank you!
1201 allanson rd.Mundelein, IL
Get fresh Manufacturing Quality Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.