3rd Shift Sanitation Supervisor
- Expired: 24 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
70K - 90K
10PM - 7AM
Oversees sanitation employees on shift to ensure sanitation is at standard.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Plans, assigns, and directs workflow
· Lead work crews and assist where needed
· Provide or arrange the administering of training on such topics as Chemical Safety and Awareness, Lock-Out / Tag-Out, and other personal and/or food safety topics
· Assists with interviewing and hiring sanitation crew as requested
· Conduct or assist with employee performance appraisals
· Reward and/or discipline employees, address complaints, and resolve problems
· Enact corrective actions and/or preventive measures when microbiological concerns are raised
· Discuss with supervisor and other personnel about sanitation issues or concerns that may impact the overall performance of the facility
· Participates in the recommendation of sanitation equipment, new chemicals, and other plant practices to improve sanitation standards
· Compiles reports regarding regular inspections, sanitation violations and steps taken to resolve deficiencies. Routes reports to appropriate personnel
· Studies production schedules and estimates hour requirements for completion of job assignments. Adjusts work procedures if the need arises
· Analyzes, resolves, and assists personnel in solving work problems
· Motivates employees to achieve work goals
· Maintains time and sanitation records – minimize overtime pay whenever possible
· Assists and directs the cleaning of equipment and work areas
· Inspects facility for insanitary practices and conditions
· Correct issues discovered on self-performed, regulatory, or third-party audits or inspections that are directly related to sanitation activities
· Assists and directs production personnel in sanitary procedures
· Must obey all company policies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be knowledgeable in GMP's, OSHA, SSOPs, and HACCP. Must also have a working knowledge of cleaning chemicals used in the food industry and the PPE needed during handling or use. Information about the specific chemicals used within the Greencore Minneapolis facility will be provided.
Assists with supervising employees in the Sanitation Department. Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate degree (A.A., A.S., A.A.S.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or two to four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to author Standard Operating Procedures or Policies that will apply to the operation of the Sanitation department. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of other members of the organization. Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
If operating a forklift, must complete internally offered training and achieve successful completion of requirements.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level can be very loud from time to time. Hearing protection is offered. The work environment is also very wet and humid during cleaning activities. Chemicals also make flooring surfaces slippery and appropriate anti-slip footwear will be provided.
Labor Solutions, LLC
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Labor Solutions, LLC
Get fresh Food Sanitation Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!