Hiring Marine Electricians
- Per Diem
Labor One is hiring Marine Electricians for a shipyard in San Diego, California.
Shipyard experience is required.
$160 per diem for those that qualify.
Please contact our team for more information!
Cell: (619)657-5507 or (858)717-1672
*Please send text message if we do not answer*
1625 Hoover Avenue National City, CA 91950
Office Hours: 8:00AM-5:00PM
- Installs, repairs and hooks up equipment for all electrical services on the ship.
- Lays out, pulls, lifts out and installs cable and conduit.
- Prepares work area, drills holes and grinds metal surfaces, and welds mounting equipment.
- Tests electrical equipment.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
- Must have two years marine electrical experience and/or four years electrical experience.
- Must pass assessment.
- Ability to use power and hand tools and read composite blueprints, computer printouts, and Navy standards manuals required.
- Must have ability to work at heights, in confined spaces, and be available to work any shift.
- Must comprehend written and verbal instructions and hear warning signals, read and comprehend safety instructions, regulations and warnings.
Essential Job Tasks
- Prepare work areas, drill holes and grind metal surfaces
- Install welds and hook up equipment
- Lay out, pull, rip out, repair and install cable and conduit
- Test electrical equipment
- Read composite blueprints, computer printouts and Navy standards manual
- Removes scrap and performs general clean up
- Other tasks as may be assigned relevant to the trade
Materials, Tools Equipment, Work Aids
- Measuring equipment, hammers, drills, grinder, welding equipment, hand tools, cable cutters, electrical tape, screwdrivers, electrical test equipment, blueprints, and Navy standards manual, and cleaning equipment.
- Personal protective equipment required.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pulling and pushing cable and equipment to rip out or install.
- Frequent standing, balancing, walking, climbing ladders or equipment, reaching above shoulder or out in front, manual dexterity, pushing, pulling, kneeling, bending, seeing, hearing and occasionally lowering self into confined spaces, crawling through small openings and working in reclined positions, as needed.
- Works in all areas of the shipyard and on board ships.
- Hearing warning signals and reading and comprehending safety instructions.
- Must be able to maintain general safety awareness and avoid hazards commonly present in employee's work area.
Marginal Job Tasks
- Housekeeping in all work areas, including sweeping.
- May be required to attend safety, quality and/or process improvement meetings.
- Exposure to fumes, odors, dust, gases, various climates and temperatures, and low ventilation conditions, all of which can cause discomfort and/or respiratory difficulties.
- Exposure to constantly moving machines and mechanical parts and high levels of constant noise.
Labor One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Labor One StaffingMarinette, WI
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.