- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for a skilled Welder to cut and join metals and other materials at our clients facilities. Your job is important as it provides the foundation for strong infrastructure.
A welder must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is essential.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as welder
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) will be a plus
Often work outdoors, but some workers may work indoors. Are often exposed to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable. Are sometimes exposed to very hot or very cold temperatures when working outdoors. Are sometimes exposed to contaminants, such as fumes from paints or sealers. Operating hand tools, machinery, manual dexterity, talking, hearing, repetitive motion.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, handling, reach outward, reach above shoulder, crawl, squat/Kneel, bend, push and pull frequently. Maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on work surface.
- Ability to use upper and lower extremities to move or transport 25 to 50 pounds, including pressing against something to force it in a forward, downward or outward position or drag, haul 25 to 50 pounds
- Ability to bend the body downward and forward by bending spine at waist, and bending legs at knees and moving extremities in any direction
- Ability to withstand physical demands on the body, including being in a stationary and/or standing position most of the day
- Ability to express and exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, including where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information
- Vision (near, distance)
- Sense of Sound (answering phone, fire alarms, horns)
Schedule: Monday - Friday with occasional Saturday 7:30AM to 4:30PM
Location: Far Eastside San Antonio, Texas (near China Grove)
Grade/Level: Welder I and Welder II
Job Status: Non-Exempt - Temp to Hire
Employees of Labor on Demand Inc. are protected by federal laws, Presidential Executive Orders, and other laws designed to protect employees from discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit-based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.
Employees of Labor on Demand Inc. are also protected against retaliation. Consistent with federal laws, acts of retaliation against an employee who engages in a protected activity whistle blowing, or the exercise of any appeal or grievance right provided by law will not be tolerated. Managers and supervisors of Labor on Demand Inc. are also reminded of their responsibility to prevent, document, and promptly correct harassing conduct in the workplace.
Labor On Demand Inc.
AddressSan Antonio, TX
ConstructionView all jobs at Labor On Demand Inc.
Get fresh Skilled Welder jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.