Essential Job Functions
- Builds repairs, and installs counters, cabinets, shelves, tables,
benches, partitions, floors, doors, building framework, and trims.
- Installs and repairs door locks, door closures, and overhead doors.
- Builds office furniture such as desks, bookcases, and computer stands.
- Installs and replaces ceiling tile, floor tile, and drywall.
- Installs metal studs, metal doors, and frames.
- Repairs roof leaks.
- Prepares concrete forms for minor repairs on sidewalks, curbs, and
- Repairs wooden and chain link fences.
- Installs and repairs glass in windows, doors, and partitions.
- Removes interior and exterior walls, doors, and windows.
- Works from blueprints, drawings, or oral instructions.
- May supervise semi-skilled employees in carpentry and maintenance of
City-owned buildings (depending on area of assignment).