Administrative Specialist pay starts at $15.00/Hourly
Examples of Duties
- Assists in providing a variety of duties involved in supporting the administrative operations of the assigned department or division.
- Composes, types, and proof-read reports, letters, memos, statistical and confidential information.
- Assists with monitoring and reviewing expenditures; provides information to appropriate department staff for budget preparation.
- Maintains calendars, schedules activities, meetings and various events.
- Coordinates activities with other departments, outside agencies, and the general public.
- Monitors inventory of office supplies; reviews purchase requisitions and requests for payments.
- Assists in initiating personnel requisitions; monitors overtime and attendance records; assists in monitoring employee payrolls.
- Researches and compiles data for special projects and reports.
- Organize and maintain filing systems; maintains records related to specific area of assignment.
- Responds to and resolve difficult and sensitive citizen inquiries and complaints.
- Prepare public relations data, brochures and handouts for manager's review.
- Open and close work orders in current software program.
- Receipts and deposits tenant rent on a daily basis.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- One (1) year of secretarial and clerical work experience.
- Must have the ability to learn and use cloud applications such as Google GSuite applications to include but not limited to: Google Chrome Browser, Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Docs, Sheets and Slides.
- Understanding document sharing and collaboration in the cloud.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, cloud accessible applications
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check, education, and work history verification, and drug screening test.
- Associate's Degree (A.A) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- Bilingual speaker and writer in English and Spanish.
- Knowledge of housing programs.
- Typing speed of 40wpm
License and Certifications:
- Must have the ability to earn certifications as required by assigned tasks.
- Texas Class "C" driver's license.