Performs accounting support in Financial Services as related to such accounting and financial control functions as recording, classifying, data processing and management, reporting, analyzing and interpreting business transactions and costs.
- Receiving heavy volume of daily mail containing vendor invoices. All the mail must be opened, sorted by letter and invoice type.
- Using IBM DataCap to scan all daily invoices received and delivering scanned invoices to AP Clerks for validation.
- Using IBM DataCap to verify service and commodity invoices.
- Using SAP to research and post invoices approved by field representatives.
- Pulling invoices for daily regular and non-PO payment runs, weekly ACH payment runs and other miscellaneous payment runs.
- Filing all invoices and maintaining AP files according to the company’s records retention policy.
- Collaborating and corresponding with field or vendor representatives when questions arise regarding paid and unpaid invoices.
- Assisting management with research of unpaid invoices that have been parked for more than 30 days
- Implementing Datacap Enhancements starting in 2nd Quarter of FY2020.
- Attending project meetings and providing input on system changes.
- Creating User Acceptance Test cases and completing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) related to system changes.
- Documenting procedures related to Datacap and SAP changes.• Maintaining daily workload while minimizing use of overtime.
- Working with EIT in completing outstanding incident reports (tickets) related to SAP and IBM DataCap.
- With EIT in planning process improvements to upgrade the current scanning solution to allow for the acceptance of electronic invoices, automation of the PO invoice posting process in SAP, and streamline the end-to-end invoice processing.
- Researching and implementing additional system and process improvements that enhance the processing of PO and NPO invoices.
Indoor work, operating computer, manual dexterity, talking, hearing, repetitive motion. Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multifunctioning printer and calculator. Ability to travel to and from meetings, training sessions or other business related events. After hours work may be required.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college accounting courses or an associate’s degree in accounting preferred.
- Experience and an operating knowledge with a personal computer in a Windows based environment.
Very important to this position are: active listening, reading comprehension, speaking, critical thinking, mathematics, monitoring, time management, writing and social perceptiveness. 2. Important to this position are: oral comprehension, mathematical reasoning, problem sensitivity, information ordering.