Come Join Our Team!
We are currently recruiting for a new Full-Time Production Supervisor to join our team. We look forward to receiving your resume!
Label Impressions is an award-winning, dynamic, manufacturer of custom flexographic, digital labels, and flexible packaging. We are a privately held company with one owner and one vision, which means that employees have direct access to ownership- giving them the ability to make their ideas heard!
This hands-on supervisor will support the daily operations of our plant while also working hand in hand with the Operations Manager. We are seeking candidates that have experience working with flexographic while also having the ability to provide direct leadership to our hourly floor employees. Candidate must have prior experience delivering direct supervision to a team of employees.
- Provides effective employee coaching, supervisor and mentorship to hourly plant employees
- Leads and direct shift employees while also providing support during the work shift
- Effectively communicates and works alongside the production manager to ensure team efficiency
- Ensures that product is printed according to specifications
- Reviews job tickets and verify stock, inks, and dies are available and used as specified.
- Performs line clearance by following line clearance SOP
- Pulls spec verifies aniloxes, ink colors, die outline, stock, and special instructions.
- Sets up machine; installs aniloxes, inks, correct stock, die, and plates
- Sets impressions and registers print-to-print and print-to-die
- Loads the specified type of paper and adds ink
- Adjusts the press to the paper size and feeds the paper through the press cylinders
- Completes all start-up checks, verifies scan ability of bar code, and gets start approval
- Completes in-process inspections; follows work instructions and control plan.
- Finishes job by verifying end to start the approval
- Closes out job by completing paperwork and placing in ticket with a product
- Performs preventative and general maintenance to press and other equipment
- Follows 6S guidelines assigned to work area and surrounding areas
- Reads and understands job jacket
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by the plant manager
- Insure that press is maintained in safe working order at all times by making sure all guards and safety devices are in good condition and are properly used. Report all unsafe conditions to shift supervisor either verbally or in writing
- Work effectively with prepress department and employees as it pertains to achieving customer satisfaction, cost control and timely performance of duties
- Duties may be change or additional duties assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent required. Two-Five years of supervisory experience in the Label or Printing industry is strongly desired. Candidate must have flexographic, digital labels, and flexible packaging experience.
Our Rewards Culture:
In addition to offering a competitive hourly rate, excellent benefits, which include health benefits, dental and vision benefits. 401k plan and Flexible Spending Account, AFLAC supplemental benefits, vacation, holidays, sick time and paid birthday day off.
Label Impressions Expectations
Label Impressions is committed to its core values: Credibility, Teamwork, Perseverance, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, and Optimism. By becoming an employee at Label Impressions, Inc., you will work in a high performing environment where team members collaborate to get the job done and embrace unconventional ways of thinking.
Label Impressions is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, by merit and other legitimate business reasons. We want to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Label Impressions does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, creed, sex, gender, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, marital status, military service/veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.
Label Impressions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Basic personal computer skills
- Set up, operate, and perform preventative maintenance on press
- Basic leadership skills required giving press assistant simple directions.
- Basic math skills to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Read and comprehend measurements on a ruler.
- Solid verbal and written communications skills with a strong ability to follow written or verbal instructions
- Read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedures, and work instructions
- Maintain good attendance
- Willing to work 1shift or 2nd shift depending on production needs and workload
- Willingness to be a cross-functional employee that can work with multiple teams within the organization to achieve success
- Ability to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation
- This role will have direct contact with all levels of company employees and in some cases external customers. Primary internal customers include operations: Press Support, Finishing, and Quality teams
Works in a manufacturing environment and will be required to wear foot, and/or other personal protective equipment while performing duties in a manufacturing setting. May, on a continuous basis, stand for a long period of time and stoop and kneel frequently. May handle, feel and reach for items in and around press area, also write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Some walking and lifting and/or move up to 50 lbs. may be required. Vision: close vision, distance and color vision to distinguish color variations, peripheral and depth perception as well as the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually medium to loud. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. Must be able to work overtime as required by workload and customer mandated deadlines. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time, Benefits, and Perks.